Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Most expensive group of employees - Customer Service Agents?  (Read 558 times)

Viennair

• Former member
Most expensive group of employees - Customer Service Agents?
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
Hi all,

I'm running a regional airline from Salzburg with one fleet type only (ATRs). I am aware of the fact, that it is not easy to run a regional airline successfully in this game (HR costs being one reason). Still, I wanted to try for myself and thought that I did pretty ok so far. I do not expect great growth figures, but am happy as long as I stay in the black and expand slowly but steadily.

As I said I know that HR overhead costs etc are one of the reasons why running a small regional airlines is difficult. But how does the system come up with 140 needed customer service agents for a fleet of 13 planes, flying to 28 airports, costing me more money than for any other group of employees? Is there a standard Personnel calculation scheme that justifies the 140? If yes, could you share it with me? I guess it has to do with both number of planes and destinations?

Thank you in advance!  

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Most expensive group of employees - Customer Service Agents?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »
It actually seems low based on my own airline. You service 28 airports, you obviously need customer service people at each airport you fly to, you're only averaging 5 customer service staff per airport.

I've just started a Xian only airline in MT5, I currently have 9 planes, 10 total airports, and I have 130 customer service staff.

Viennair

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Thanks for the fast reply! Ya, you are right, I don't know why I haven't thought about it that way. Was just a bit surprised to see my customer service cost me more than any other group of employees.

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
To bad you can't just employ people part time for an hourly wage. When you think about it the customer service agents don't do much work to earn their paycheck  considering they are probably only doing 1 or 2 flights a day where each flight has less than 50 passengers. You also are forced to employ ground handling agents at each airport which if the game allowed you to cross utilize employees you would be able to have your customer service agents and ground handling be the same group. 

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
I have 178 BAC 1-11 (99 seaters) in DOTM with 4480 customer service staff covering 104 airports and 7750 weekly flights (1107 per day).  7750 flights * 99 seats = 767250 max pax/week.

Customer service reps:
25.2 per aircraft
43.1 per airport
0.58 per weekly flight
4.05 per daily flight
171.3 seats per rep per week

Assuming 40 hours/week, this comes out to ~14 minutes of customer service rep time per seat.  14 minutes per seat seems reasonable to me when you consider ticketing/reservations time, check-in/desk time, and gate agent time put together.  This also assumes 100% utilization, when in reality these people have downtime when planes aren't flying, which would mean total customer service time would likely be less than 10 minutes per seat, if not less than 5 minutes.  In reality, customer service staff is probably too low in AWS.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.