Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: is route demand determined???  (Read 988 times)

Offline spiff23

• Members
« on: September 03, 2011, 03:57:38 AM »
o don't ask, but this is a nagging question, in general, on how demand is determined for some route pairs that wouldn't work in the real world vs. those that do work in the real world but never do in AWS.  let's just say I ended up in Bethel Alaska...not sure how...but, really??? there is sufficient demand (130+) for daily non-stops to LA, Las Vegas and Denver???  how exactly does that happen when in the real world Alaska Air can basically only run subsidized flights to Anchorage?

this is in contrast to looking at real world airline schedules from my current base (and many others I've tried for fun...which btw I am having so don't read this wrong) --adis ababa -- (yes I figure i'd try it) in which the real world ethiopian flies to all sorts of places that in this game are lucky to have daily demand of 10-20 pax...meaning unserviceable.  there is absolutely no demand to most of Africa and yet Ethiopian has had an extensive network going back to the 1950s.  they even have fifth freedom rights in Italy and yet demand to Rome is 60 a day?

just curious...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:23:50 AM by spiff23 »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: is route demand determined???
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 03:49:03 AM »
As a general rule, demand seems to be calculated based on the airport's rating, proportion of demand type (intl short/long haul/domestic), and a global demand multiplier to allow it to grow/shrink over the course of time to mirror events.  I think there's a few more variables not apparent to the players that massages the data a bit more (i.e. Y vs C demand). Additionally, some routes have had some data hard coded in if I'm not mistaken.

So for the city in question, its probably using all calculated demands, so you're seeing the result of that on your charts.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.