Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Staff numbers  (Read 463 times)

Offline Dasha

• Members
Staff numbers
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
Okay I'm pretty sure there is a perfectly fine explanation for this but can somebody explain it to me?

I have two Airbus A310's flying them 6 days a week to Tokyo and Osaka from Baku.

Management is on 1 or 2 and Ground handling and all is at 4. That all seems fine but then I got to the Pilots and Cabin Crew.

Pilots (very large a/c)    36 / 36   (100%)
Cabin crew    110 / 110   (100%) 

How can I need 36 pilots and 110 cabin crew for only two airplanes. What's the math behind it? The way I see it my planes need 2 pilots each. Since it's a long haul flight I understand why I would need 4 pilots for the return flight. So that is 8 pilots per day. Let's say I need another 8 for backup and 5 orso as backup's backup. That gets me to 21 pilots max.

Same with the Cabin Crew. I only need 6 per plane per route. So 24 per return for two airplanes. Even with 50 backups I don't get anywhere near the 110 crew I have.

What is the math behind this?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Staff numbers
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:28:09 AM »
We've had this discussion in the past.

You don't have temp pilots in this game where they only work when they are flying.  You have to employ many more than you'd normally think.

Pilots work ~30 flight hours per week.   There is plenty of overlap.   Imagine that you have so many at the airport doing their weather checks, filing flight plans, training, etc.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.