Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Delay problem  (Read 1317 times)

samomuransky

• Former member
Delay problem
« on: January 10, 2009, 04:45:06 PM »
Hi...
I look to statistics of my flight and find one strange thing..

Plane had flight on route LGA-BTV which was delayed for a 3h, 33mins. In BTV it has turn time 30 minutes.. but on route back (BTV-LGA) it was ontime.. what is unreal because it starts from BTV sooner than it start from LGA :D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Delay problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunately these happen from time to time as the delay calculation is simple in this way, based on different probabilities and other mathematical calculations. The main point of the cancellation or delay calculation is to provide general level statistics on how much the average delay or average cancellation% is.

Because there can be 500 players, and something like 500 000 flights it's not possible to go thru the every route and "push back" the departure time of the second flight if the first has an excessive delay - this is due to the method how the route calculation is done and cannot be changed. But as we are not working the game in full real time (=1 min in game 1 min of real time), it does not really pose an issue to the gameplay.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »
I also had some problem with delays due to turnarround time but I made them double the minimum and now I hardly have any delays due to t/a time.
I notticed different thing, I dunno, but I can not imagine situation when flight gets cancelled due to t/a time ? Delayed I understand, but cancelled ? When everything is finally done and the a/c has no tech problems it should be able to fly, shouldn't it ? ???  It strongly affects my route LF and outcome and I would like to know why it happens. :(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »
Cancellation due to too tight schedule means a situation where the delays have cumulated so much that the situation has to be 'reset' by cancelling some flight, so that the next ones can again depart according to schedule.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
Oh, I see, thank you Sami. I still have a lot 2 learn. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.