Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Who do you recommend for beginning a fuel contract?...  (Read 1381 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Who do you recommend for beginning a fuel contract?...
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »
I have reached the 20 aircraft level and its time. I'm not really sure how I should choose or what the math is. Is there one company that seems especially popular? :-\

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Who do you recommend for beginning a fuel contract?...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
No, offers change a lot as companies do. You should take half of your weekly fuel bill and get the percentage they're offering to get the savings. Then substract that savings with the monthly contract bill.
If the savings are bigger than the contract bill then it's good.
But I hope you realize that in your previous thread this was already explained by lots of people  :-\

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Half your weekly fuel bill, or half your monthly fuel bill?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »

half.  you dont get the bonus when getting fuel at the 'other' airport.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »

I usually take the weekly one as it shows more accurately the actual trend in fuel used. Specially when growing fleets.
I could take the monthly fuel bill but sometimes the discount gain is so slim that you need to be the most precise you can be.

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
Yeah, but with 4 weeks per month, don't you have to multiply your weekly expense by 2 to get half of a month? or divide your monthly by 2 to get the consumption at your base?
What I mean is, weeks =/= months. You cannot take a monthly expense (your fuel contract) and evaluate against a weekly expense (your fuel)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »
No, offers change a lot as companies do. You should take half of your weekly fuel bill and get the percentage they're offering to get the savings. Then substract that savings with the monthly contract bill.
If the savings are bigger than the contract bill then it's good.
But I hope you realize that in your previous thread this was already explained by lots of people  :-\
I know, just terrible at math, but I'm trying.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »
What I do is divide the contract expense by 30 and then multiply by 7, and then I have the most approximate contract bill per week possible.

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »
You forgot to take into consideration leap years... If last 2 digits divides by 4, add an extra day, except for years that ends in 00, like 1500, 1600, 1700, etc... but then, add one if it ends with 000, like 2000, 3000, etc..

Then your math would be right.

;D

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 12:25:41 AM »
You forgot to take into consideration leap years... If last 2 digits divides by 4, add an extra day, except for years that ends in 00, like 1500, 1600, 1700, etc... but then, add one if it ends with 000, like 2000, 3000, etc..

my brain hurts.

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:11 AM »

;D

Wow, Talk about overcomplecating the equation Lol :P

my brain hurts.

+1 8)

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 03:35:43 AM »

;D

Ha Haaaa  :D.
So better not to get a contract lol. Additionally, there's no way to know how much fuel you're consuming in each of your bases (if you have), so for me it's useless to get a contract when I have an additional base or two (except there is a very dumb good contract, where it's uninportant how much fuel you use - and it won't happen anyways)

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 04:02:30 AM »
'stupid' me got a contract at the very beginning of the game.... but it turns out it was probably pretty smart since its like 100K for 6.8% discount! That's ridiculously good.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.