Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Standard / Deluxe / Premium Seatings taking into account in pricing?  (Read 1262 times)

Shleds

• Former member
If I select premium seating for First Class, and Deluxe seating for Business, will that be taken into account when I hit the "set default prices on all routes" ?
Or do I have to go afterwards and raise prices manually on those routes that uses the modified planes?

Par Avion

• Former member
Re: Standard / Deluxe / Premium Seatings taking into account in pricing?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:05:17 PM »
I'm almost positive that your prices won't automatically adjust to reflect the better seats. I also don't believe that you would want to adjust the prices. Passenger's won't automatically "expect" to pay more for your seats just because they're better. The only time I've seen better-than-standard seating used was on very highly competitive routes, and in those cases prices would be held at default, or even lowered slightly, rather than raised to capture market share. I think that better-than-standard seating is suboptimal in almost all other scenarios.

Other opinions?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
Pricing stays the same but technically you can charge higher price vs competition.

If all other variables are the same and you have better seat, you will win. Or other way around you can use a higher price to level this advantage and convert it into money. But this is the ideal situation and in practise there are never two flights that have fully identical specs.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:37:18 PM »
The problem with charging more for PY is that the game doesn't know its Premium Y. I think it really winds up looking like fare gouging to the system.

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
And then it's difficult to reset prices for every route with premium seating when you happen to reset the prices. I think there should be a difference in pricing when it's Y or Y+ or whatever when you reset prices.

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:22:21 PM »
That is what I was getting at, Archer... I have set up my 757-200 from the original configuration to a 2 seat first class premium, 12 deluxe Business, and 105 standard Y class. It would be nice that the prices get adjusted accordingly when I reset to default price. shrug.

Also weird that I cannot see my configuration from the aircraft configuration page, it does not tell me if I pick premium/deluxe/standard after I saved it. Any idea where I can see what I have picked?

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »
That is what I was getting at, Archer... I have set up my 757-200 from the original configuration to a 2 seat first class premium, 12 deluxe Business, and 105 standard Y class. It would be nice that the prices get adjusted accordingly when I reset to default price. shrug.

Also weird that I cannot see my configuration from the aircraft configuration page, it does not tell me if I pick premium/deluxe/standard after I saved it. Any idea where I can see what I have picked?

What I do is name the config as follows:

Example 1:            Type         F (if enable) C(if enable)   Y
                          B738             -                  STD      STD
So the config name reads "B738 C STD Y STD" and it shows the type of aicraft and seats it uses. Number of seats is irrelevant.

Example 2              Type        F (if enable) C(if enable)   Y
                          B77W             PRM           STD        HD

read "B77W F PRM C STD Y HD"

....and so on, hope you like it  :)

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »
Interesting.. I'll do that from now on.

But I still think I should be able to see what I have picked afterwards.

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
OOOO! I just found a place where you can tell your configuration options of an existing config! On the Airplanes on Order page, if you hover over a seating config, a "tooltip" pops up, and it shows you the configuration and if you picked premium/deluxe/standard/economic.

It would be nice if we could have the same thing on the technical view of aircrafts on "My Aircraft" page, since it shows the seating config there as well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.