Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Business Plan.  (Read 1243 times)

Shleds

• Former member
Business Plan.
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
Does my goals within the game make sense, does it sound ludicrous?

A) I want my base to be in the top 10 airports in North America.
B) I want to service the top 10 in America, and the top 5 in Europe with Boeing 757-200, twice a day.
C) I want to service the most of the rest of N.A. with Bombardier CRJ700, daily, maybe twice daily, to my base, as feeders.

Is this reasonable? Does it sound unfair to competition?
Does the game recognize feeders/hubs situation?

minerva

• Former member
Re: Business Plan.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what sort of answer you are looking for.

As a 'general plan' it is fine, I suppose, but really your plan needs to be customized to your base.

Will your base support demand support 2x flights to European major cities? (not all top 10 US bases will).
Will B752s reach Europe from your base? (if you base at LAX they won't)
Are regional jets right for your domestic demand?  (probably not if you have 600+ pax demand per day to other big US hubs)

Each base/hub is different and you need to plan accordingly.

As to fair to competition --- if you play within the rules, everything is fair.  

No, there is no 'connectivity' built into AWS yet.  Demand is on a per route basis.

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »
Thanks, I was not looking for a particular answer.
I am currently based in Chicago.
I just wanted to make sure that my plan was not "way out of bounds" and that I would p*** off the other players.
I am looking for being the company with the most money, or beat all the competition. I just want to realistically simulate an airline.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »
I'm American Atlantic in Chicago, and I can tell you this right now, flying those 767-200's for domestic flights isn't helping your airline. Unfortunately this start is everything in this game, so there's no real turning back. You got to start with DC-10's on high density long-haul routes if your going in a long haul direction or planes like 737-200advs if your going in a domestic direction.
No replacement for displacement

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 02:05:24 AM »
Oh Hi to you evil competitior ! LOL ..
I was wondering how you can have so many planes and be everywhere !
I leased airplanes on the used market, because I thought everything was overly expensive. But I am getting around to it, I'll get better, I promise! This is my first game where I am not going bankrupt in the first 24 hours.

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »
So, what the heck am I going to do with those 6 Boeing 767? I thought I was getting 757.. I got overly excited in the used airplane market.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 02:15:57 AM »
Bascially i just got 737-200advs for my first plane and flew them on <500nm routes, the second the first day ended, I just leased as many 737-advs as possible (I actually got a bit over my head because I didn't have time to actually schedule them) whenver I could. After I got a bunch of those I started getting new planes like A321's and 737-600s to replace my 737-advs.
No replacement for displacement

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.