Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Auckland to Cancun?!  (Read 926 times)

Par Avion

• Former member
Auckland to Cancun?!
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
I just saw demand of about 550 per day from Auckland, New Zealand to Cancun, Mexico. I'm from Auckland, and I'm pretty sure people go to Fiji and Samoa for a nice beach vacation, not Cancun. Also, that Cancun demand is much higher than demand to the Gold Coast airport in Australia, which is another big beach destination.

I don't really care, but it is pretty funny. Anybody else found bizarre demands on a route?

Zabuti

• Former member
Re: Auckland to Cancun?!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »
I just saw demand of about 550 per day from Auckland, New Zealand to Cancun, Mexico. I'm from Auckland, and I'm pretty sure people go to Fiji and Samoa for a nice beach vacation, not Cancun. Also, that Cancun demand is much higher than demand to the Gold Coast airport in Australia, which is another big beach destination.

I don't really care, but it is pretty funny. Anybody else found bizarre demands on a route?

Hello

There is a lot of strange interpretations to pax demand in this game. Although main trends are respected, many things remain sometimes random.

But Sami did a gerat job modelling this. Moreover, it's not because we don't have the feeling that people don't travel a given route that they really don't IRL. It all depends on where a specific segment of the market wishes to travel.

It's a bit of an endless story. Actually, I know Sami sometimes corrects strange route demand, but the whole team is much more interested in updated features like Passenger connectivity than just modifying routes (although I perfectly agree that this would be crucial as well, but maybe in a second row)

Food for thought.

Have a nice game

Flobacca

Par Avion

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »
I agree that modifying individual bizarre demands isn't the best use of their time. I also would love to see connectivity, but that has to be a hugely complicated addition. In the meantime, can't we please have costs scale up less drastically with destinations served, as it makes the regional airline very difficult to execute. Ironically, the market for props is better than ever, but only because they're so big on trunk routes, for frequency, rather than regional routes.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »
What, do you have an issue with my 3X daily services into Auckland?  :laugh:

I agree that demand is a little unrealistic in places, but thats because its so hard to serve. Its just for fun.

Par Avion

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
What, do you have an issue with my 3X daily services into Auckland?  :laugh:

No, I love your Cancun - Auckland service! It's about time Auckland University students were able to go to Spring Break with the Americans. I also like that you're an Ansett addict. I remember very fondly sitting in the AKL McDonalds as a kid and staring out at all the pretty Ansett planes over in domestic. Then Air New Zealand destroyed it all - shame, really.

Offline Dutch

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:15:03 PM »
Another funny one:
Rome to Sydney: 70 pax/day
Rome to Melbourne: 360 pax/day
Rome to Perth: 230 pax/day
Rome to Brisbane: 270 pax/day
Rome to Auckland: 320 pax/day

Weird isn't it, biggest city has the lowest demand!?

regards

Par Avion

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
Yeah - that is a good one. Although the Sydney one seems more likely than the others... Either way, bad luck for the Sydney-based airlines!

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
I noticed that Sydney has a lower demand than Melbourne on a lot of routes. Not only from Rome.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.