Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Competition leaves route, but LF plummets. What's up?  (Read 998 times)

perezoso

• Former member
Competition leaves route, but LF plummets. What's up?
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:17 AM »
So the competition left the ANC-MSP route, and I'm now serving it with a right-sized jet (733).  But my load factor has plummeted to mid-30s since the other guy quit.  I've made no price adjustments... I had about 55% market share before, and now I obviously have 100%, but hardly any customers. What's up with this?

Thanks,

Unladen Ptarmigan
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:52:28 AM by perezoso »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Competition leaves route, but LF plummets. What's up?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:42:42 AM »
1. Market share does not equal load factor. What was your load factor with competition?
2. 142 passengers seems a bit high for a 733. Are you using HD seating? If so, you're going to get hosed on a route that long.
3. What is your RI on the route. Your CI appears to be 20, which doesn't help, but also doesn't warrant a 30% LF.
4. At your current CI, I've found it best to run about 10-15% below standard as this seems to improve net revenue. Once you hit a 40-50 CI, then I'd suggest using standard pricing and reseting at least 2x per game year.

My guess is #2.

perezoso

• Former member
Re: Competition leaves route, but LF plummets. What's up?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 03:13:10 AM »
You were right. The plane has HD econo seating.  It's a leased aircraft, and since I've always been a Mad Dog man, I didn't notice that the seat count was high on the 737.  Am feeling the pain of 3 days to reconfigure.

My LF went down by almost 50% when the competition left.

Interesting that this seems to show how you could use an HD configuration to attack the competition... even if I did it unintentionally.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.