Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Some questions with regards to this game...  (Read 1333 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Some questions with regards to this game...
« on: August 25, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
are LH's back to what being worth what they used to be before MT5 came along? And what is the opinion of people of all you players out there at how many aircraft should you get before contracting a fuel agreement? I have 9 aircraft at this time and I'm about to add a few more. By the way. I really like this game. Loans is paid off, got lots of money and possibilites.  Sure its a bit on the easy side, but why do we always have to have games that make us pull our hair out? LOL! :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:06:04 PM by L1011fan »

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Some questions with regards to this game...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
Sure its a bit on the easy side, but why do we always have to have games that make us pull our hair out? LOL! :laugh:

I love it now, too.  Unfortunately, the good times probably won't last.

Since it's got "Challenge" in the name, in a few years, there will be a fuel spike that reduces the player number to 60.

Longhauls are working great for me.  (I'm running WAW-YYZ and WAW-ORD) with L1011s, and I'm making $600k/week on the aircraft.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
Very Cool!!!

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
I love it now, too.  Unfortunately, the good times probably won't last.

Since it's got "Challenge" in the name, in a few years, there will be a fuel spike that reduces the player number to 60.

Longhauls are working great for me.  (I'm running WAW-YYZ and WAW-ORD) with L1011s, and I'm making $600k/week on the aircraft.
Oh yeah, good time for a fuel contract?

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »
I haven't figured the fuel thing out myself, actually.  I was hoping someone else could pick up that question . . .

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »
It really does not depend on the number of airplanes you operate. Well....yes, but not directly.
For considering a fuel contract you need to know your weekly fuel expense at your base (ie. half of fuel expenses in the income statement). Then you look at the fuel supplier's contract offers. If the weekly fee (it's actually a monthly fee - just divide it by 30 and *7), you have to pay is less than the actual percentage they offer as a discount taking consideration your current fuel bill, then it's a good offer and worthy of commitment. If it's more than the discount you get, then forget it.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »
LH works fine as no one is really flying more than 5000 NM.  Transatlantic routes are still dominated by frequency; so my L1011s, YYZ to LHR, have been bettered by airlines flying B757s, but there is still money to be made.

As to fuel contracts: with fuel so reasonable and 9 aircraft you aren't likely going to profit from one yet.  But fuel will likely spike as Rushmore notes (though strangely it didn't spike very high in the last challenge...) so getting a long term contract when you have, say, 20 aircraft, might be a good investment.  Still, do the math to find out where you are: take half your monthly fuel costs and multiple it by the % discount on offer. If that amount is higher than the monthly contract cost then go for it.  If not, then you need to guestimate when in the future the discount will be worth it.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 11:56:34 PM »
I see and yes I'm operating a 757-200 SJU-MAD. Working out well. Thanks for these advice everyone! Minerva I hardly ever see you in the forums much!? Probably timing and subject matter.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:27:31 AM »
My first experience with fuel contracts in MT5 says they scale with the size of your airline. That's based on a sample size of 1, of course. The fuel contract I could get when my initial one ran out was 15-20 times the price for the same discount. Once the discount is even 75% of the contract price, I'd check the page every few in game days, and when a particularly good combination of discount % + length appears, I'd grab it, even if it was slightly overpriced. Because assuming continued expansion, it'll be a massive saving by the end of the contract, and your weekly fuel bill will jump a lot when the contract ends.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 03:46:04 AM »
Thanks, Sanabas. I'm going to hold off a little longer because I have some more aircraft coming and I want to make it worth it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.