Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Seating Config  (Read 956 times)

Daffers

• Former member
Seating Config
« on: August 23, 2011, 08:08:32 AM »
Hi everyone, i am new to this game and have red all the guides out there, only started yesterday i have 2 F100's flying around 400-800nm routes from EHAM, now after only one day the average LF is 60% which i am happy with, i also had my first positive income statement last week.
Now my question is if it's a good choice to change the seating config and make some bussiness seats and/or first class seats. Now my aircraft only consist of economy seats. Is it wise to change this already since it will keep my planes on the ground for 2 days, or will it generate a lot more income, i checked my routes and there is demand, but i have competitors on every route.
Also if i won't do this will it be wise to lease a 3th plane (i have 2,3M left) or is that too risky and should i safe the money i have now in case something happens ?
Hope you guys can give me some pointers since i am pretty much a newbie.
I am flying 5 destinations with 2 planes, is that too much ? or reasonable ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:18:48 AM by Daffers »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Seating Config
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »
Definitely lease another plane.

If the routes have business class demand, it will definitely be good to eventually have some seats, since 1 business seat = 3 economy seats for revenue. Depending on the plane, you can often take out 1-3 economy rows and replace them with the same number of business rows. For other planes, the 1st business row requires ripping out 2 econonmy rows. F100 is good that way, standard seating is 21 rows of economy, the first 3 business rows only cost 1 economy row each, so you can go 100/4, 95/8 or 90/12. However, on startup, it's probably better to spend the money on more planes, rather than spend it on new seats. Reconfigure the planes later, once you're up & running.

5 destinations with 2 planes sounds high, better to fill existing routes rather than start new ones. Helps with your competition too, flying twice on one oversupplied route will get you better LF than flying once each on two different oversupplied routes. Better if you can find some empty or near empty ones though, or a route that your competitor flies once daily with a big plane, but you can do 3-4 times with an f100.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
You haven't given yourself an easy job.  :laugh:

Having a quick look, I'd say the best routes for you to focus on would be HAJ, BRY, BRS, STR, GVA, FRA. All have competition, but none are more than barely full, some are half empty, and most have multiple carriers flying a few times, rather than one carrier flying plenty.

700-1000 nm range, MJV and VNO are empty and take 2 flights per day, BRI is near empty and takes 3, and there's a few more good ones to start on.

Daffers

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
thanks for the guick reply, but i am kind of stuck to the 5 destinations i started on right now because of the navigation fee, so i quess the best thing to do for me right now is leasing another plane, which will get my money back close to none. And start operating on my exsisting routes with that plane am i right ?
Maybe i didn't start the best routes possible but i tried to look for routes without to much competition, maybe i need more skill on that ;).
But changing them will be too expensive. Okay i changed my routing config, it costed me some money, but now i am only flying 3 destinations and not very far away so i can fly them a lot every day.

is this a problem ?
1234567    DS012    1305    1420    F100    Danser Air   
1234567    DS020    1335    1450    F100    Danser Air

or only if they depart at exactly the same time ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:43:28 AM by Daffers »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
If you can schedule stuff to a different airport taking off in the same 1 hour bracket, you won't have to pay too for new slots at Amsterdam, only at your destination. Cancel one route, and uncheck the box that asks if you want to release the slots, then when you make the new route, it will use those unused slots you already own. Doesn't help if you can't make the schedules match up, though.

As for 30 minutes between flights, I think that needs ~1500 pax per day demand for it not to be penalised. There's a thread at http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,33017.0.html and a couple of others discussing it.

Daffers

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »
Decided to start over, this is the last time,...  :-[
now everything should be right, will try to maintain 3 routes with 2 planes in the beginning.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.