9 (42.9%)
Wait for New 737s
0 (0%)
Wait for New Airbuses
2 (9.5%)
Use a Different Option
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Aircraft Choice....  (Read 1145 times)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
Aircraft Choice....
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
Ok so I've scoured the forums for some info but didn't really find anything helpful so that is why i'm asking.

I currently fly 737 series a/c, i'm making a nice profit and I want to really expand and phase out my extremely old 200ADVs. With there being such a massive backlog on new 737s and Airbuses, what does everyone think of the Embraer 190 and 195 to replace my 200ADVs? The 200ADVs are flying routes under 500nms at max frequency. Any other suggestions for replacement a/c's that I don't have to wait years for?

Thanks!

Online Bored

• Members
Re: Aircraft Choice....
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
You really should stay with one fleet type untill you have around 20 aircrafts. Since you already have 2 of them I would recommend not to add 3rd. But you are right in saying you need to change away from your 737-200adv's as those are really hurting your bottom line. Best option for your base to replace those is B717-200 with a few business seats in the configuration and the rest with default. They are easily available and fast to change your fleet with. If I were you I would change all my aircrafts into those. Also with B717 you don't have to fire pilots which you would need to do if you take medium aircraft type. You can propably have around 40-50 of those from DAL.

Hopefully this helps you?

Brgds, Iksu

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
Very good points, the a/c size difference is something that I did not take into account. I tested the 717 in a prior scenario and it did not perform well at all so i'm a little worried about that but if you think that's a viable alternative i'll take another look at it.

Thanks!

Online Bored

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
I think they are ok if used correctly. I have over 100 of them and all with minimum 3 daily flights. They are making between 250-400k profit (- staff costs, advertisements etc...) which I think is OK. I have all with 60min turn-around to avoid delays and with some business seats. In my opinion they are better then people in here usually say :) but that's just me saying, maybe somebody else has a different opinion? I still think they would be perfect for DAL operations ;)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
That's not a bad profit for that a/c, i'd say you're utilizing them well. What is your seating config? I was thinking about setting them up at 115 seats so the seating comfort is "Fair" rather than the 120 at "Poor". I do like that they have the same turnaround times as the 200ADVs so all I have to do is transfer the schedules.

Online Bored

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »
You can use high density seating for all routes under 600nm and above that go for standard seating. I have C8 Y90 all standard but since DAL doesn't have that much C demand you shouldn't have too many of them in your configuration. You can make a few different configs that you use on different routes to max your profits and aircraft usage.

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
Awesome, thanks! I went ahead and ordered 2 new units that will be delivered in about 6 months. I'll keep an eye on the used market for units to pop up.

Miller11

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
Hijack  ;D

Has anyone got any advice on LH A/C. would I be best to use todays A/c i.e A340 or is it worth ordering the 787 or A350 as even though the fuel consumption is low the lease costs are much higher.

Thanks Miller11 

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »
Hijack  ;D

Has anyone got any advice on LH A/C. would I be best to use todays A/c i.e A340 or is it worth ordering the 787 or A350 as even though the fuel consumption is low the lease costs are much higher.

Thanks Miller11 

The 350 IMO is too pricey and comes too late in the game. The 787-8 has great price for what you can get, I'm planning to replace my B744s and older 330/340 with those.

wapp11

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »
Before I read the replies I was going to say 717. I agree they are not so hot for 2 routes a day but I am still making decent money with them.  They are doing really good on my under 600nm routes where I can give them 3-4 a day.  I typically use 94/4 seating.  There has been some and still are good deals on the used market with them.  Also don't be scared to lease a used HGW if they have a good deal (as one is currently about 4 mil below value) (that I may pick up next game day).

Wapp

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 02:08:44 AM »
The 717s were doing great for me, after I converted all of the routes over from the 737-22ADV but then a much larger airline swooped into my base and flooded everything with props... thanks.... I appreciate that.... a lot.....  >:(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.