Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Strategies for this situation ?  (Read 568 times)

• Former member
Strategies for this situation ?
« on: August 21, 2011, 02:14:55 PM »
Same Airline + Base at OKBK, bankrupted already 3 or 4 times now due to different strategy approaches and C checks that raped my finance department.. This is going so far.. Okay but barely, I am just breaking even BARELY, and with a C check coming up soon which will suck up around $700 grand, I am not sure how to survive; haven't played in a while and just starting to learn differences in v1.3.

Airline image so far around 60, RI is 100 both ways => OKBK - OMDB; Ticket prices are below Default prices and I have around a third of the Market share. OKBK has only one competitor to me which pretty much own's all the routes coming out and in the airport.. I am completely lost.. Just waiting and being patient, doing nothing and just wishing I can get my hand on all those lovely A/C in the used Market but I am handicapped financially..

Images are for experienced referance;-
 -This is the Income Statement - From the right to the left Week 23, 24, 25 and 26 in 2006; respectively.
 -Route Load Factors for OKBK - OMDB and return flight, flown 4x Daily and seperated all by more than one hour.
 -Route Yield, Revenue, Yield and Profit.. Barely Breaking Even.

What.. The Hell can I do...  :'(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Strategies for this situation ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »
Company image is unnecessarily high for such a small firm.

And putting all eggs in one basket (route) is not wise.

Offline coopdogyo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
fly some routes where you can actually make some money 

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
Did some restructuring based on the information provided above.. But I remember pre-1.3, I used to always start an OKBK - (Western EU Airport such EGLL or LFPG and such) with a Medium size A/C mainly A306/A333 and it would ALWAYS bring the motherlode and make me expand quick.. Dont know what happened this, tried it twice and lead to bankruptcy.. First, time was with Old DC's that killed me with C checks, second time as well with the A333, third time I think I tried an A333 but with Shorthaul such as OKBK - HECA, but lack of profit made me go in the red quick.. I assumed it was mainly low RI and CI and MAJOR competition.. Unless I am wrong.. ? This 4th try so far has been going bland, but after restructuring I hope it will turn to the better.. If there are any more tips, it would be appreciated.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.