Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do you make a nice profit on routes greater than 7000 nm?  (Read 802 times)

Pepsico8

• Former member
How do you make a nice profit on routes greater than 7000 nm?
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:40:43 PM »
I don't know why but it's hard?

minerva

• Former member
Re: How do you make a nice profit on routes greater than 7000 nm?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »
The answer to your initial question is 'you can't'.  It is practically impossible to make significant profit on routes of that length; you are doing extremely well if you break even.  This has always been the case, but it is especially difficult in v1.3. 

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:51:25 AM »
The only way to do it is to play a scenario that is before ~2000 A.D.

zilchster

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 02:23:24 AM »
Which is why Qantas has been complaining it is not making money on its international routes, why SQ flies Business only passengers on SIN-LAX; SIN-EWR.

In real life, I heard ULH is not profitable because the aircraft needs to carry extra fuel to hold the weight needed for fuel needed for the journey.

ACfly

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
I don't know why  airlines fly  ULH.. being stuck on the plane for 15-18 hours would be hell as a passenger...

I would do a stopover, and get off the plane for a breather or two... and it's probably cheaper to do stopover..

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 05:27:29 AM »
Which is why Qantas has been complaining it is not making money on its international routes, why SQ flies Business only passengers on SIN-LAX; SIN-EWR.

In real life, I heard ULH is not profitable because the aircraft needs to carry extra fuel to hold the weight needed for fuel needed for the journey.

Ummmmm, because its not. Thats why.

Qantas International hasn't turned a profit in years, and desperately needs a restructure. Its competing with global airlines ( *cough* SQ/ EK/ EY/ CX *cough* ) with much lower cost bases in the SAME market. That is why QF Intl is hemoraging money, because its fares are not competitively priced in the global market.

Your point about ULH is correct however, as the aircraft has to burn fuel to carry fuel which makes it more expensive to operate the route.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.