Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Done with it  (Read 1903 times)

Offline type45

• Members
Re: Done with it
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »
I totally agree here, I have tried (unsucessfully) to use 777's in previous games and cant even get them to break even, they are only really good at bases where you have decent C/F demand where you can add a sufficient number of seats in each of these classes and fill them up so again its bases like Heathrow and Tokyo where these aircraft can make money.  If you anywhere other than one of these major airports well forget it because there simply is not enough C/F demand to warrant running them and you can not make the types profitable even with a full economy cabin!

Also as Swiftus points out using 757's across 'the pond' is hardly realisitc yet it is the way to go in this game over 767 & 777 etc as they make good profitabilty and when you can add in the extra 'frequency' bonus by using the 757's it's a no braineir to use anything larger in AWS, yet at LHR do we see BA,AA etc using 757's for their LHR-JFK routes, nope its 767,777 and 747's and that is something I agree needs to be changed/tweaked, maybe for these longer routes that frequency bonus needs to be disestablished in total so if your flying 10 x 757's againt your competitors 4 x 777's then they are not getting any benefit/bonus from the frequency they fly and will only have load factors on the number of seats available.

even with the F/C demand at NRT, it is only barely able to make money I can say ;) the leasing cost is fxxking high......this time I use a fleet of 737+767+777, I have less competition but making less money compare with my last company using 330/340+777 >:(

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 09:50:23 AM »
regarding the OP:
it's a bit funny that you say you don't want to do the same thing over and over again, but on the other hand you quit the game because you can't get any airbus / boeing...
i mean, why don't you just go with either the larger props or medium jets (crj, e-jet) for example? you can do very good business with 'em if you do it right.
not that there aren't a lot of issues with smaller planes, that's true... but you aren't forced to use only airbus/boeing at all.

Welcome to the game, stay out of things you still do not understand. I didn't BK my airline because of the order backlog. In fact I had over 40 on order. The problem is that the game is repeating itself over and over again, regardless of what fleet type you run.

Why don't you try it yourself, Start at Lyon and operate an airline with 30 seaters. Happy bankruptcy for you (with that less skill in the game you won't survive two years I reckon). CRJ's is a formula for BK as well.

But it's not about fleet type, it's about the limiting game play possibilities.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »
Marteen is just right.

I've noticed it, AWS is just so repetitive now and only one, maybe two gameplay styles and only a very small group of aircraft will work. As people have said aircraft which in real life are, in my understanding are sworn by (B777) are useless where some aircraft which again I though are a lot less used are really good (B767). The 757 is still the ultimate l/h aircraft

They are lots of solutions that have been mooted by people but they are always seemingly too hard/difficult/not worth it. For as long as I have been playing the ability to use small aircraft profitably has been asked for. Here we still are and anything under 50 seats is still a one way ticket to bankruptcy central and anything under 100 still is hard. Cargo and city demand just seem to be, for want of a better phrase, vapourware.

But it's ok because soon JA/DotM/MT #42871356 will be starting...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
They are lots of solutions that have been mooted by people but they are always seemingly too hard/difficult/not worth it.

I repeat what I said in this thread:

And Maarten, please try to see the big picture yourself. I am sorry for my 'whining' answer this time, but obviously you do not realize the time needed to adjust all the little things let alone the big things. There is a clear plan on which way things are developed in the long term and at the big picture but it's coming with smaller steps.

So enough of this now, thank you.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.