Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cancellation due to technical problem  (Read 1736 times)

Echoco

• Former member
Cancellation due to technical problem
« on: January 10, 2009, 03:20:15 AM »
I'm playing the demo game and my flight suffers from delays from technical problems really bad, average about 10-14 minutes and now the flight was canceled, how do I fix this? I'm guessing that I have to use the maintenance action to fix it to 100% condition? currently its at 72%.

Talentz

• Former member
Re: Cancellation due to technical problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 03:57:36 AM »
Hiya, hows it going?

I'm playing the demo game and my flight suffers from delays from technical problems really bad, average about 10-14 minutes and now the flight was canceled, how do I fix this? I'm guessing that I have to use the maintenance action to fix it to 100% condition? currently its at 72%.

Yes. That is one (expensive) way to fix the problem. Another way to raise aircraft condition is to do a fresh "C" Check. For some reason.. C check is cheaper when the aircraft condition is below 80%.

However, I do not recommend doing either or. At this early stage, you need it flying more then the cost of it not flying (tech or otherwise). If.. and thats a big IF you have the extra cash to do a C check, then thats the best way to go.

"So ermm.. how do I fix this then? "

Well, theres not much you can do. The only thing I could think of doing is to do a "B" check, every two weeks. "B" checks add 10% to the aircraft condition. (70+10 =80%)

But, its best to just make do with what you have. Every thing is low right now( company/route image), so the effect is not that big. Plus, your not the only one with below avg aircraft condition. Just about everyone has a crappy plane at the start. So, ride it out and keep adding aircraft till you get enough money to afford non-planned C checks and ect.

Though I will say this, If your cancellations get counter productive, (1 every other day for a week or something) then its worth it to C check that aircraft. Plus, if your having to do that.. then you've learned a good first lesson. Dont start with an aircraft with below avg condition (<80%).

Yes, its tough if theres limited selection. But, its these "little" things that can make or break your airline at the start.  ;)

Hope this helps

Talentz

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:38:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply and the advice, i'll  keep them in mind when I choose my next aircraft.

While waiting for a response the problem kind of resolved itself. At one point my LF was down to 30% and had 4 flights canceled, but after the plane when through the A check the condition bumped by about 4%, then everything started going back up again, LF is back to 46% and rising slowly, delays are now 5 minutes and dropping and image also went up.

i'm glad i don't have to pay for a C check, yet.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Yeah, it's also possible, that there just comes a week, that nothing works... Also, when buying a new airplane, the newer it is, the better. Even if an airpane has 90% condition, but is like 15 years old, it can suffer from technical problems more than an aircraft of 5 years old with 70% condition. And, you can repair a plane with low condition, but you can never get the years back. The checks also cost more for a plane that is older.

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 12:44:01 PM »
yeah through the many beta games i took part in this was one problem which plagued me too, most of the time it was scheduling delays but coupled with flying old beat up crap the technical problems also caused a few headaches, this of course affected the company image which is very important in the game to keep up. Through the mixture of A, B and C checks the aircraft condition will slowly recover its just a bit of a rough ride.

xtfer

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »
Yeah, it's also possible, that there just comes a week, that nothing works... Also, when buying a new airplane, the newer it is, the better. Even if an airpane has 90% condition, but is like 15 years old, it can suffer from technical problems more than an aircraft of 5 years old with 70% condition. And, you can repair a plane with low condition, but you can never get the years back. The checks also cost more for a plane that is older.

I understand that we can evidence plane condition improving through checks, but do we know for sure that old planes have a greater chance of a fault?? Just curious.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.