Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Very preplexed as to why, in this game, I find a base of...  (Read 886 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Very preplexed as to why, in this game, I find a base of...
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »
pretty good size and lots of traffic, lots a open routes most of which are mine exclusively and it always goes into dump after aquiring a 2nd aircraft. I just want a domestic airline and not looking to fly 744's from PVD to ATL like some others. I have an MD-90-30 and an MD-88 that was in 98% condition. I have a my fuel contract in place, the LF's are rising, but I'm losing money like crazy. Used just default pricing for a few days, then tried to to do a 10% off "sale" for a day. I have priced a bit over default. Now I'm just at default. Whats the secret here to staying in the black if you just want a domestic airline with narrow bodies? I also have 12 C class sets on each plane and its selling. I suppose just keep trying. It would be difficult to wait for new planes and not get the carrier up and flying right away.  Any ideas people?

wtdawg

• Former member
Re: Very preplexed as to why, in this game, I find a base of...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
Is it the fuel contract?

I have two bases and it still seems like I would not have any savings (and perhaps lose money) if I agreed to a contract.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »
Looking at the details you list here only, two things jump out. First, you have two fleets but only two aircraft, so commonality is an issue: you are paying twice what you need to in maintenance. Stick to MD8x or MD90.  Second, you should not have fuel contract until you are spending a lot more in fuel.  It doesn't become economic to take out a contract until you have many a/c.  Divide your monthly fuel costs in half then multiply that by the % you are saving on fuel in the contract. If the figure you get is lower than the monthly fee for the contract then you are losing money on it.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 06:56:10 PM »
Fuel contract with 2 planes will just be tearing up money. How much & what % discount is contract, and how much is your weekly fuel bill?

Also, you're flying 5 daily flights to 4 different airports, instead of all to 1 airport. Looks like BDL-MCO takes almost exactly 8 hours per round trip with an MD90, and it can easily accomodate 9 daily flights. So start with 3 MD90s, all flying 3 times daily to MCO, and you won't be wasting money on staff & marketing costs.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:02:29 PM by Sanabas »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »
Thank you very much! These all sound like great suggestions. I am going to have bankrupt and start over at this point, but now I have a better idea iof how to handle it thanks to all of you. :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »
P.S. And yes I had a fuel contract too soon. I din't know one should wait until they have quite a few aircraft. Again thanks all!

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »
Your new airline is going to have issues with delays. Looks like you have turns as short as 45 minutes, which is a 20% plus chance of delays in an MD-80. I dunno why you're turning that quickly, since you have 4 hours of dead time after the end of your 3rd route. You've also picked one route with competition, and one route that can only handle 2 planes per day. When there's a route that fits perfectly for 3 times a day x 3 planes sitting empty.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:43 AM »
Fuel contract is only worth when you burn more than 4000 tonnes of fuel weekly. Check it at your statistic page.

And my experience told me I can only survive and able to expand when I use A320 family at startup. MD80, B737, B717 and ATR all only make enough to survive but not for expansion.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.