Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Huh????  (Read 722 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Huh????
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:44:01 AM »
How can I get a "Lack of staff" delay with Automatic Staffing turned on????

GDK

• Former member
Re: Huh????
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:01:13 AM »
Welcome to AWS, mates....

You will get 'aircraft condition' when your aircraft is at 99% fit to fly, 'scheduling too short' when you have a turn around with ~1% possibility to delay.

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:24:28 AM »
Figures.. It's like the "weather Cancellations" that I kept getting flying into LAX.. Now I've been a pilot at United for 19 years.. and the only time I've EVER had a flight cancelled 4 hours in advance for weather was for a blizzard or a hurricane... neither of which is too likely in LA... I mean we're flying CAT IIIC aircraft certified to land zero/zero at a CAT III airport.. A weather cancellation???   into LAX??  lmao 

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:31:30 AM »
Hi Chuck, Totally agree with you, however, I guess these are the metrics AWS uses to give you some degree of real-life uphill.  I suppose it could have been 911 airspace shut-downs, 5 day pilot strikes etc .... 

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:58:06 AM »
Yeah.. I kept expecting New Orleans to shut down in August (Katrina) but it didn't even miss a beat in AWS.... :)

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:41:56 AM »
Figures.. It's like the "weather Cancellations" that I kept getting flying into LAX.. Now I've been a pilot at United for 19 years.. and the only time I've EVER had a flight cancelled 4 hours in advance for weather was for a blizzard or a hurricane... neither of which is too likely in LA... I mean we're flying CAT IIIC aircraft certified to land zero/zero at a CAT III airport.. A weather cancellation???   into LAX??  lmao 

Could be weather enroute, dest or dep apt. Maybe a beautiful CB over downtown LAX? :D

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:24:29 AM »
lol.. there isn't much "enroute" weather that you can't go over, under, or around... if there's weather over the top of your destination airport, you hold- waiting on it to move on until you run low on holding fuel and then you divert to your alternate airport.. You refuel and wait it out at the alternate until you can take back off for the original destination... Bottom line- you get the passengers to where they wanted to go.. they may get there late but they get there safe and sound...(and you collect the ticket money)..  You don't cancel 4 hours before you're even scheduled to arrive unless you KNOW the airport will be closed for weather.. and it takes some pretty major weather to completely shut down an all-weather airport..

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:32:14 AM »
Yeah...I know. But the weather si randomly coded I believe, with little input here and there but still random. I don't know how's the weather in San Francisco bay in winter but in Air Travel Boom I had appaling delays do to weather (maybe some ash clouds of a volcano in LAX  8), or some cumulus humilis at FL450504).

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 05:34:45 AM »
Maybe no airplanes or pilots in AWS are certified for even cat II?

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:49:20 AM »
Good point... They wouldn't necessarily have to be.. I mean in theory I suppose they could stay below FL180 and fly VFR everywhere with just ATC traffic advisory's at least here in the US... It would really wreck the "on time arrivals" though if they  couldn't even shoot a cat I ILS in for a landing...   Airlines - at least United and I assume most majors- usually buy the latest and greatest technology available to enhance safety and performance.. and that would include all weather acft and pilot certification... if it's available..   

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.