Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Not sure what to make of this, had great hub, routes all to myself....  (Read 2829 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
and the whole thing is going bankrupt fast. I stayed within 1000 miles of my hub, l had routes to large cities all to myself. Lots of traffic at the hub as well. The routes required not much more than 737's (300/400/500/600/700/800/900/ not available) so used 200 adv with medium frequencies.  What the heck did I do wrong? :-\

Offline alexgv1

• Members
used 200 adv

I'd say that with average age over 20 years maintenance must have been a killer, and their fuel burns are not great now. Was it their C-checks that did it?

Someone who is operating the 737/727Adv prove me wrong here.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline JMsoo

• Members
I was talking about the same in other post I used 737 200 as I can't get nothing else and what can I see only my balance in red...
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

michael95u

• Former member
I also had built up quite the empire in KLAS and had to BK. Though it was my foolishness of bringing on the 767's instead of sticking to 3 or less fleet types. I got greedy and paid for it. This time, I am starting with old iron and plan to have no more than 2 fleet types as I grow.

I am kicking myself now for my greed. That fuel spike did me in!

GDK

• Former member
I tried many strategies as well on this V1.3 and I made a conclusion that is the right aircraft choice at the beginning of game will win you the game.

Get a wide body to fly long haul is working quiet nice if you do this at the first day of the game before the price of A330 gone high. At this stage, impossible. If you want to use a DC10 or Lockheed tristar, forget about it.

Get few props and fly short distance routes. This worked but only if the route is competition-free and if you get cheap but efficient props.

Best (imo) strategy, get a A320 family bird and stick with this fleet group up to at least 4 or 5 aircraft then only expand to the next fleet type.

Fuel is something big in this game world so aircraft fuel efficiency decides everything.

vitongwangki

• Former member
Get a wide body to fly long haul is working quiet nice if you do this at the first day of the game before the price of A330 gone high. At this stage, impossible. If you want to use a DC10 or Lockheed tristar, forget about it.
You can still use A306 or A306R, they are extremely profitable, and luckily if you can get one more A304 at the beginning, you should able to expand fast.

I would say if you are going to survive in the game, stick into several fleet groups only. And avoid using all those old planes like 732, Tristar and DC-10.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
32 Boeing 727-200Adv in service myself and I can't see what the moaning is about. Making good profits in my airline.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
I got slaughtered.  Losing 4 mm per week.

It used to be that long haul made good money. 

I had all new planes with 74% LF.... still was losing crazy money.

Something else has changed.

Offline schro

• Members
I got slaughtered.  Losing 4 mm per week.

It used to be that long haul made good money. 

I had all new planes with 74% LF.... still was losing crazy money.

Something else has changed.

Perhaps this?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Perhaps this?

This part in particular, I guess:

* Base ticket prices have been adjusted to give less income on C/F class especially on longhaul routes.

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: Not sure what to make of this, had great hub, routes all to myself....
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
I'd say that with average age over 20 years maintenance must have been a killer, and their fuel burns are not great now. Was it their C-checks that did it?

Someone who is operating the 737/727Adv prove me wrong here.
C checks well staggered and 9-11 months out when leased.
Also nothing more advanced than 737-200adv available at the time of start up and they still rarely if ever show up on the used scene.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
To be honest, even 737-500s feel the pain in these worlds as the fuel starts to increase, let alone their older brethren. (remembering back to MT4)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
and the whole thing is going bankrupt fast. I stayed within 1000 miles of my hub, l had routes to large cities all to myself. Lots of traffic at the hub as well. The routes required not much more than 737's (300/400/500/600/700/800/900/ not available) so used 200 adv with medium frequencies.  What the heck did I do wrong? :-\

The exact same thing happen to me... I went from making $1 Mill per week and expanding, to broke! Lesson learned for me... Don't hold onto the old 17+ year old a/c pas the fist C Check.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 03:48:40 AM »
You can still use A306 or A306R, they are extremely profitable, and luckily if you can get one more A304 at the beginning, you should able to expand fast.

I would say if you are going to survive in the game, stick into several fleet groups only. And avoid using all those old planes like 732, Tristar and DC-10.

Unforunately the beginning has long since passed. Trying an L1011-500 daily BOS-CDG. So far not so good. I got come up with something else.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 02:39:08 AM »
It's scary seeing all the senior members that usually do extremely well "feeling the pinch" with this new adjustment. :o I'm starting to wonder how hard it actually has become, and if I can even handle it myself. :P But the fact for me still remains - I need credits. ;D

Cheers,
ICEcold

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 03:11:40 AM »
And its happening again. Got a fresh start with one MD-88 in great condition, added C class because it was warranted and stuck to two deastinations off the bat and figured add a second plane the next day. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY. Went down the tubes overnight.  I'm still in the black, but not enough to do anything with. I did not do a fuel contract. So I don't know.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 03:42:22 AM »
MDs are fuel hogs. Specially at the current oil prices, you should try a much more fuel efficient airplane.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 05:14:49 AM »
In your other thread on the same topic, when you restarted this time, I said:

Your new airline is going to have issues with delays. Looks like you have turns as short as 45 minutes, which is a 20% plus chance of delays in an MD-80. I dunno why you're turning that quickly, since you have 4 hours of dead time after the end of your 3rd route. You've also picked one route with competition, and one route that can only handle 2 planes per day. When there's a route that fits perfectly for 3 times a day x 3 planes sitting empty.

You didn't change any of those things.

You also grabbed just one plane with your initial money, despite having enough money for 3. 3 planes = triple fuel & landing costs, but it also gives triple revenue, and staff & commonality costs are not tripled. That means each plane has to be less profitable to pay the overhead.

You have a CCC rating, you're still in the black. That means you can get loans, to get more planes and decrease overhead costs per plane even further. But available loan amounts are ased on your ticket sales. 1 planes worth of ticket sales = very small loan. If you started with 3 planes, you'd be in a similar situation, CCC rating, still just in the black. But you could get a bigger loan, enough to get another plane or two. Rinse & repeat until you're at 10 planes. Best to check for loans on a Monday morning game time, before the midday loan payments, as that's when your available amount should be highest.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »
MDs are fuel hogs. Specially at the current oil prices, you should try a much more fuel efficient airplane.
Ever hear of the song by The Rolling Stones called "You Can't Always Get What You Want"? :laugh:

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
In your other thread on the same topic, when you restarted this time, I said:

You didn't change any of those things.

You also grabbed just one plane with your initial money, despite having enough money for 3. 3 planes = triple fuel & landing costs, but it also gives triple revenue, and staff & commonality costs are not tripled. That means each plane has to be less profitable to pay the overhead.

You have a CCC rating, you're still in the black. That means you can get loans, to get more planes and decrease overhead costs per plane even further. But available loan amounts are ased on your ticket sales. 1 planes worth of ticket sales = very small loan. If you started with 3 planes, you'd be in a similar situation, CCC rating, still just in the black. But you could get a bigger loan, enough to get another plane or two. Rinse & repeat until you're at 10 planes. Best to check for loans on a Monday morning game time, before the midday loan payments, as that's when your available amount should be highest.

Hello Sanabas, thanks for all of your help and advice. A couple of things, My turnarounds are always less than 5%, usually keep probable delays down to 1% when possible. Unfortunately it still hard to grab a decent plane. What models are you talking about? Already went down the 737-200 road and apparently MD8x's are have horrible fuel burn statistics. So what type of plane are suggesting specifcally and I'll try to get them. There is very little to choose from. Are we talking bowings or BAe-146's here? Commanality just aint going to happen right now, but I've been ok with that before. I'm going to see whats in ther right now and see if I can do a decent start over. I don't think one van get a loan this early in thegame because of the start up loan given at the beginning of the game is still very high and the payments are slow to make a dent where you can get loan.  :-\

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.