Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Aircraft Production  (Read 1015 times)

Offline stevojh

• Members
New Aircraft Production
« on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:45 AM »
I have several A319's on order, due for delivery in 2006, which was the earliest available slot at the time.
Currently there are now 5 slots available in 2005, a few in 2006, and then mid 2007 for the rest of the available slots.

Why can't i pick up the slots in 2005 if i order more a/c?

Even if i try a different model - 320/321, my next order is available in 2007?? The slots are wasted and i find it unfair that now they are available, users who already have orders cant use them.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: New Aircraft Production
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:36:35 AM »
Keep on searching on the forum. the answer is there.

(note: I suggest you read Sami's announcements)

Offline stevojh

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »
I've browsed the forums and tried searching for several different things already. I must be missing something. Can someone provide a link?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »
Once you order a new aircraft with delivery date of 2006, you can never use any of the production slots prior to that aircraft delivery date.  That's just the way it is programmed.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
Once you order a new aircraft with delivery date of 2006, you can never use any of the production slots prior to that aircraft delivery date.  That's just the way it is programmed.

also, you can't order a TON of 737-600s and change them to 737-900s at a later date.   You can only switch to AC types and subtypes that were out when you initially ordered.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
I've browsed the forums and tried searching for several different things already. I must be missing something. Can someone provide a link?

There's some information on this thread - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,10195.0.html

It also has a link at the bottom to the full system explained by Sami.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »
also, you can't order a TON of 737-600s and change them to 737-900s at a later date.   You can only switch to AC types and subtypes that were out when you initially ordered.

Exactly.
This is where the a320 line wins.

Why do you think I have 45 odd a318 on order?  ;)

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »
However, in the real world. That is not true. hell just look at American Airlines. Their current 737 order runs out in 2014 i believe. Yet this order for 200 737's start being delivered in 2013. If slots are open, then any airline should be able to get them no matter when their next aircraft is on order. It happens a lot more than you think it does though. Just look at the 787. It has happened a lot with it. No manufacturer in their right mind is going to have open slots for delivery in the near future and not use them.

However, i believe this should only be allowed for airlines with say 10-15 or less aircraft currently on order for that line simply for gameplay reasons.

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
However, in the real world. That is not true. hell just look at American Airlines. Their current 737 order runs out in 2014 i believe. Yet this order for 200 737's start being delivered in 2013. If slots are open, then any airline should be able to get them no matter when their next aircraft is on order. It happens a lot more than you think it does though. Just look at the 787. It has happened a lot with it. No manufacturer in their right mind is going to have open slots for delivery in the near future and not use them.

Can't happen here. You'll end up having those 737 and A320 lovers (who doesn't ;D) take up the open slots. The later starters will complain that they won't get a 737/A320 until 2050.

However, i believe this should only be allowed for airlines with say 10-15 or less aircraft currently on order for that line simply for gameplay reasons.

Then you have people like me who has 5 A320s on order, while I have cash to put a lot more in and take up all the open slots.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »
No manufacturer in their right mind is going to have open slots for delivery in the near future and not use them.

If you look at the features of 1.3, you will see that now, when there is a gap in production of a popular aircraft (within the time it takes to produce the aircraft), AI brokers buy the aircraft from that production slot.

If the slot is outside of the initial production window, a player can place an order.  If nobody places the order, and the slot falls into the restricted window, again, the AI brokers will buy it.

There is however one area that could be improved.  Suppose the production line is full, and your aircraft is spaced out, for example January, April, July.  Later on, if production slots open up (due to bankruptcies etc), and suddenly there are open production slots in February, March, I think player should be able to place order for in those slots.

Or even better, again, if your orders are January, April, July, and production slots open up between those delivery dates, player should be able to move up his current orders, to slots that are "eligible".  By eligible, I mean production slot that would exceed max delivery rate per player.  This max delivery rate has been implemented for game-play purposes, and it definitely a great idea, to keep some balance in the game.

However, in the real world. That is not true. hell just look at American Airlines. Their current 737 order runs out in 2014 i believe. Yet this order for 200 737's start being delivered in 2013. If slots are open, then any airline should be able to get them no matter when their next aircraft is on order.

So, no, I would not agree with your other point of overlapping orders.  It can happen in RL, but in AWS, it is not a good idea, since it would unbalance the game.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.