Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bankruptcy  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Bankruptcy
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »
Khartoum has heaps of longhaul demand. There are plenty of DC-10s or L1011s on the market, you can grab 2 with your initial cash, and expand to 7 as money comes in.

A very quick look says DMK, SIN, ICN & PVG all have 300+ pax daily demand, and are easily in reach of any DC10-30. So stick the first 4 planes 6 times a week to each of those. Then LHR & JNB are both empty, and can support a shorter DC10 flight. That'll give you enough for a 7 day schedule for 7 DC-10s, maybe with a short flight to the middle east in there too, and you will be making plenty of money to finance expansion for more DC10s on more marginal/competitive routes, smaller planes like CRJ or 737 for the <1500 nm routes, and eventually upgrading the DC10s to more modern planes.

You're also wasting money on staff and marketing at the moment, because you fly to 14 destinations. 8 are once a day, and 4 of those can easily support 2 a day. If you dump the routes to SHJ, ADB, CAI, AUH, and put a 2nd flight a day to DXB, HRG, KWI, RUH instead, you're only flying to 10 destinations, which means less overhead.

Starting a successful airline in Khartoum at the moment shouldn't be tough. If I didn't have grand plans for Sydney, I'd be tempted to restart there & prove it.  :laugh:

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 05:29:24 AM »
In DOTM, I started with BAC111-475's for their range (they can make most of Japan and a few other parts of SE Asia) and 707's for everything else. Learn from my mistake...don't get 707's. When the 767-200 launched, I ordered them and they covered routes to HNL, SYD, MEL and a few others the AC's couldn't make. Eventually, ended up with F-100's (replaced BAC's), MD-8X, 767 variants, and A340's.

In ATB, it was MD8X to start, replaced with 737NG when launched, but the 733 would have been a better choice for range. LH was 767 and 777, and also operated a large fleet of EMB-195's and a few E70's.

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »
Hmm on MT4 i remember using DC 10 and when the C check arrive see myself down millions....

I will try maybe on the next game thanks for your suggest..... :D
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.