Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long game worlds (1950-2030)  (Read 7831 times)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Long game worlds (1950-2030)
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2015, 08:52:01 AM »
Maybe a function "Move HQ" would solve this.  I think it would be very useful.

Player would open a base at another airport, and then, he would have an option to move his HQ to this base.  Aircraft scheduled at old HQ would remain where they are (subject to basing limitations).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:59:34 AM by JumboShrimp »

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
Yeah but the move HQ has been discussed before and got denied. So perhaps a move HQ would only work for airlines based in the countries that open a completely new airport rather than just a new airport.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline MarisKX

• Members
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »
About long game worlds -
1. There are many airlines that gone after major accidents, there I haven't seen no one. After paying huge compensations (if there was airline fault, for ex. bad technical maintence or poor pilot training)
2. Maybe to make things more close to reality, there could be limited places in early game years with limited profit, so after a year open more and more slots for players therefor it could be quite interesting to join the game not only in  90's after collapse of USSR, but even after that
3. There should be option for more than one stopover, for ex. BOAC flight from Australia to London with first passenger jet Comet. There was 3 or even 4 stopovers during flights.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2015, 05:09:49 PM »
I have a small suggestion that I think needs addressing.

When the game starts in 1950, a couple of interesting airports are not open yet. Like Stockholm Arlanda, both major Moscow airports and if I'm right some airports in Saudi Arabia. Because there is no alternative, you can't move to those automatically so the only way to HQ there, is to start the game later on when they open. Which puts you in a (slight) disadvantage to somebody opening a base at those airports.

There is one larger Moscow Airport open in that time (IIRC: DME, and VNO is open all the time), and Stockholm Bromma is also open during the early years, which woudl allow you to start in those cities. I do also think, that just like with HND or CGH, you HQ gets moved, once the new airport opens (otherwise it could be implemented for those airports).

Still doesn't fix the Saudia Arabia issue, because there is not a single airport before JED/RUH in the late 80s or early 90s. But such is life, There was no need for air traffic there, back then, so why should it in AWS?

2. Maybe to make things more close to reality, there could be limited places in early game years with limited profit, so after a year open more and more slots for players therefor it could be quite interesting to join the game not only in  90's after collapse of USSR, but even after that
3. There should be option for more than one stopover, for ex. BOAC flight from Australia to London with first passenger jet Comet. There was 3 or even 4 stopovers during flights.

@2: Player number is limited at first, and increases by 1 pre game month until the end of the game (or shortly before end).
@3: you can have up to 2 stopovers per direction. These are not used for Passenger de-/boarding anymore (was changed maybe 3 or 4 yrs ago). Flights with 1 tech-stop are already hardly worth it, adding more stops would send your airline to BK, or at least result in major expenses. Be happy the system doesn't allow you to ruin your airline in that way :P (plenty of other ways to kill your own airline though ;D )

cheers,
Jona L.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.