exchange schedule of 2 aircrafts

Started by meiru, July 28, 2011, 04:00:22 PM

meiru

currently it's possible to transfer the schedule of one aircraft to an other... but, sometimes I want to exchange two aircrafts (e.g. 319, 320, 321 or 736, 737, 738, 739) ... currently I've to clear the schedule of one plane, transfer it from a second and rebuild the first for the other plane...

swiftus27

It has been requested but sadly is next to impossible to implement and here is why.  If you tried to swap between a/c that aren't the same fleet type they have different speeds and turn times.  It is much easier on paper to do

meiru

I'm not talking about planes in different fleet types, but only change a A320 with an other (e.g. you have 20 C in one, but only 8 C in the other) or change with an A319 or A321 ... that shouldn't be a problem... also DC93, DC94 and DC95 are very close to each other... so it should be no problem... I'm doing this manually at the moment... so, it's 5 clicks now and it could be done with 1 click after... that's all...

swiftus27

Quote from: meiru on July 28, 2011, 09:13:53 PM
I'm not talking about planes in different fleet types, but only change a A320 with an other (e.g. you have 20 C in one, but only 8 C in the other) or change with an A319 or A321 ... that shouldn't be a problem... also DC93, DC94 and DC95 are very close to each other... so it should be no problem... I'm doing this manually at the moment... so, it's 5 clicks now and it could be done with 1 click after... that's all...

If you can change within fleet groups, fine and dandy. 

Sadly, that's as far as it can go. 

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on July 28, 2011, 09:15:45 PM
If you can change within fleet groups, fine and dandy. 

Sadly, that's as far as it can go. 

Swapping withing the same fleet type would be an excellent enhancement.

So in addition to transfer schedule (which gives you the list of aircraft without schedule, if there was a swap schedule button, which would give you, instead, a list of aircraft within fleet group that have schedule, that would be a great enhancement.  I certainly could use that.

pascaly

eiva

Swapping schedules between aircrafts in the same fleet group would be an excellent feature.

If I want to do this now I have to clear the schedule for aircraft 1 and then move the schedule for aircraft 2 to aircraft 1 and then reconstruct the schedule for aircraft 2 including maintenance.

This function could be an addition to the existing the move function.

dave111

I'd really like to see this feature implemented. Sami, you recently updated the buttons on the scheduling page - I would think adding one more button to choose an aircraft within the same fleet to swap with, in a manner similar to moving a schedule, would be a relatively simple change to make.

brique

+1

This would also make swapping a/c around to cover C checks a lot easier, allowing you to keep the most profitable route/schedule of the two a/c in use.

maccio71

I was also looking for this feature,, swapping schedule between 2 A/C with same range, a possible cause more bussiness than the other.

cheers

hmellouli

I'd like to bring this request back to life.