Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Missing something?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Missing something?
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
Ummm, what is the deal with this alliance war deal? Seriously an argument in an online sim game? Does that not just sound kinda bad to anyone.
No replacement for displacement

Offline Silentlysailing

• Members
Re: Missing something?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:22:25 AM »
Yeah I hadn't been on much and I come back and see all the accusations of people cheating or using loop holes and it's really intimidated me. I enjoy just playing for fun and don't really like the idea that someone could really even think to do that. Or even that the cheating is going on. I enjoy it for the realism but the realism goes away if people do that stupid junk.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »
I don't even mind the cheating, it was obvious something was going on. What's annoying is all this b*tching that's been going on in the forums.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
Yeah, that and them random accusations.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:04 AM »
I don't even mind the cheating, it was obvious something was going on. What's annoying is all this b*tching that's been going on in the forums.

You don't mind cheating...but don't like the bitching when people get caught !!  Unbelievable !!
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
You don't mind cheating...but don't like the bitching when people get caught !!  Unbelievable !!

I'm entitled to my opinion (I think). And you were one of the most freqeuent posters in that thread so I suppose in my eyes that puts you down as one doing the b*tching. Let's just leave it at that before people try to lower the tone of another thread.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
I would take commenting against cheating any day over cheating itself, and I actually commented twice - count how many times other airlines got involved !

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Well I kept out of that thread intentionally. You are right many others got involved. I'm glad that I, for once, refrained from posting there.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »
Oki doki Alexgv1...I aplaud you for not getting involved.

I will say however what I have said in many PM's....  

This must end.  There is no alliance war.  People made mistakes, and that has been dealt with now.

I am going to stop reading this forum, and will encourage Elite airlines not to get involved with squabbles.

Lets make a pact to play the game from this point on as Sami wants it to be played.  

The atmosphere in MT5 is making me want to quit, and I have played for over two years now and not seen anything like what has gone on over the last week or so.

We all need to grow up and enjoy this brilliant game....hopefully that is one thing we can all agree on ?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »
Oki doki Alexgv1...I aplaud you for not getting involved.

I will say however what I have said in many PM's....  

This must end.  There is no alliance war.  People made mistakes, and that has been dealt with now.

I am going to stop reading this forum, and will encourage Elite airlines not to get involved with squabbles.

Lets make a pact to play the game from this point on as Sami wants it to be played.  

The atmosphere in MT5 is making me want to quit, and I have played for over two years now and not seen anything like what has gone on over the last week or so.

We all need to grow up and enjoy this brilliant game....hopefully that is one thing we can all agree on ?

I appreciate your sincerity.

This is a very well written post and I agree these last scandals should be left in the past. Bravo!

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »
I'm just wondering what even happened?
No replacement for displacement

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »
There is a war. There has always been a war. It is not endorsed by the alliances. But the alliances have been dragged in this time around. It really pains me to see the heartlessness exhibited on this forum. Yes, when you post online, you are an anonymous user. But behind the user, there are people. And those people have feelings too. Just something to think about.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
There is a war. There has always been a war. It is not endorsed by the alliances. But the alliances have been dragged in this time around. It really pains me to see the heartlessness exhibited on this forum. Yes, when you post online, you are an anonymous user. But behind the user, there are people. And those people have feelings too. Just something to think about.

qft

Offline FlyTO

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »
qft

What is qft?

Is this how you have over 3000posts on these forums? to make it seem like you know a lot about AWS?  :-\

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
QFT means quoted for truth.   Do you make similar comments when people post +1?  

I really don't appreciate the snide comment.  It is this divisive behavior that has been abound here that is really creating the very issue that Bob is talking about.

EDIT:  Why is it that all of these crappy remarks come from the same small group of people?  I am just starting to piece this all together.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:54:40 PM by swiftus27 »

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »
What is qft?

Is this how you have over 3000posts on these forums? to make it seem like you know a lot about AWS?  :-\

Quoted for truth or quite f***ing true, depending on the usage.

qft can mean that he
a)agrees with me and is emphasising it
b)wants to preserve it for later so that he can pick it apart

I am guessing and am hopeful that he meant a)
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »
Well folks, enough is enough.

There has indeed been a revelation that some aws players have been using a browser tool to gain an advantage over other aws players. Many aws players have been very unhappy that some aws players were gaining an advantage in this way; comprehensibly, many aws players have started to recall previous scenarios and asked themselfes what really went wrong back then or not. Fair enough.

There has been a number of aws players who came frankly and straight forward and admitted that they had been using the tool - they deserve our respect! Some players may have not come forward in that way and we should respect their decision as well.

There will be sanctions for those who will not abide by the new ruling. This is the job of the administration and none of our (user) business.

There has never been a sort of 'war' going on anywhere in aws and there never will be one - for the simple reason that it is a game. And I would like to appeal to everybody: Let's keep it that way, because it makes others and me having a good time here.

Those folks who may have used the 'enhanced inter-run technique' should understand that many aws players feel deceived. Those who feel deceived should respect that not everybody is willing to come straight forward. Fair enough.

Quit this double guessing where you appear to be bored and quit this subliminal provocations where there is nobody to provocate.

One thing is for sure: A small group of aws players regularly causing trouble will not be missed by the majority of the aws community.

Just close the case.

Cheers,
Denis

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 04:27:07 AM »
I'm just wondering what even happened?

+1000  :laugh:

Got no bloody clue even whats goin on :)

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 04:30:35 AM »
Well folks, enough is enough.

There has indeed been a revelation that some aws players have been using a browser tool to gain an advantage over other aws players. Many aws players have been very unhappy that some aws players were gaining an advantage in this way; comprehensibly, many aws players have started to recall previous scenarios and asked themselfes what really went wrong back then or not. Fair enough.

There has been a number of aws players who came frankly and straight forward and admitted that they had been using the tool - they deserve our respect! Some players may have not come forward in that way and we should respect their decision as well.

There will be sanctions for those who will not abide by the new ruling. This is the job of the administration and none of our (user) business.

There has never been a sort of 'war' going on anywhere in aws and there never will be one - for the simple reason that it is a game. And I would like to appeal to everybody: Let's keep it that way, because it makes others and me having a good time here.

Those folks who may have used the 'enhanced inter-run technique' should understand that many aws players feel deceived. Those who feel deceived should respect that not everybody is willing to come straight forward. Fair enough.

Quit this double guessing where you appear to be bored and quit this subliminal provocations where there is nobody to provocate.

One thing is for sure: A small group of aws players regularly causing trouble will not be missed by the majority of the aws community.

Just close the case.

Cheers,
Denis

Denis mate,

I may sound very dumb here but how can a browser help in this game  :-\ ???

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »
Denis mate,

I may sound very dumb here but how can a browser help in this game  :-\ ???

Build add-ons that do the work for you.  People were leaving their comps on all night and they were scanning the used market without them even in front of it.  No one has gone so far as to admit that the add ons they have could lease the planes (as some suspect that they do).  Some have admitted to running auto refreshers day and night and one person got caught the first night. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.