Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Configurations  (Read 609 times)

Offline nedson

• Members
Aircraft Configurations
« on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »
I've been reconfiguring some aircraft and it's not cheap!

How about making an aircraft with a newly fitted configuration more attractive to fly in - and therefore higher load factor vs. one with a 5 year old configuration where the cabin will be looking a little worn out.

That would mean that you'd have to ensure that you kept your configurations fresh to compete.

Perhaps company image would suffer if configs were old - and if you invested money in new configs the company image would rise.

Offline bleedfax18

• Members
Re: Aircraft Configurations
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
Configuration has nothing to do with the appearance of the cabin. It's just what kind of seats you have in the aircraft. During the heavy checks, the cabin appearance is taken care of.
CEO of INterFly

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe that when you reconfigure aircraft, I believe the condition of the aircraft improves slightly...

Offline nedson

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
Configuration has nothing to do with the appearance of the cabin. It's just what kind of seats you have in the aircraft. During the heavy checks, the cabin appearance is taken care of.

Sure but no amount of cleaning and polishing will disguise a 20 yr old interior. Ever been on a BA 767-300? ;)

When we reconfigure a/c in this simulation we're spending upwards of $1m per a/c - that must mean everything is ripped out and replaced - that surely should have some c/i benefit now that this drives l/f in 1.3 as strongly as it does.

Just an idea anyway..

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
Sure but no amount of cleaning and polishing will disguise a 20 yr old interior. Ever been on a BA 767-300? ;)

When we reconfigure a/c in this simulation we're spending upwards of $1m per a/c - that must mean everything is ripped out and replaced - that surely should have some c/i benefit now that this drives l/f in 1.3 as strongly as it does.

Just an idea anyway..

That's an idea - in addition to keeping track of aircraft age, to keep track of interior age (or quality).  But it is one of those items (feature requests) that will always be near the bottom of the list of priorities....

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 12:24:12 AM »
Reconfiguring aircraft really slows down the start of games, as players have to spend their cash to reconfigure their jets. Therefore, I like the "bad" configs, since the start of gameworlds is awful enough with the aircraft and slot rush already...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.