Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Low cost  (Read 1662 times)

Winstonread

• Former member
Low cost
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »
has anybody done a low cost airline , putting in high density economy seats for lower prices , if so do they work?

starrymarkb

• Former member
Re: Low cost
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
They have on my BAe 146 and ATRs but those are on relativly short flights (1-2 hours) - anything longer I'll probably use proper seats...

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:06 PM »
has anybody done a low cost airline , putting in high density economy seats for lower prices , if so do they work?

Not that I've heard of, but I have (in Japan) run A330s and A380s kitted out with high density and people were happy to use them.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/124/

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »
You have 3 dash 8s. 

Hardly a low cost airline

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
Hi,

This is difficult to run a low cost airline in aws as the pax are not really price sensitive. Would be very interesting if they were  ;D The competition is more on route frequencies and company image...

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
You have 3 dash 8s.  

Hardly a low cost airline

That's incorrect.

The thread opener asked if someone runs an airline successfully based on HD seating with huge/only economy class.

My current MT5 airline is the best proof that works.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:38:21 PM by Sigma »

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
And a link to your airline is an excellent way of showing that example.  

I would agree with this too....

As it doesnt give the original poster any idea how your airline operates it just shows that you have alot of B757's, it would have been better for you to maybe provide a screen shot of one of your aicraft showing its configuraton and maybe a couple of lines on its approximate revenue per week and how many rotations you are getting out of it a day for it to achieve that revenue and whether you are using a 7 day rotational system to get maximum aircraft utilisation times.

Also from checking out your general stats you aren't doing that well in game as your average company load factor is hovering around the 50-57% mark so not a great advocation of a dominant successful lcc airline in game - well I dont think so anyway  :-\.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »

Yes I did...

Started in Glasgow in an over siturated UK market with old 737's. Lowered prices by 25% and after a week I was at 30 Aircrafts and one competitor was forces out of the airport. Not long after I got some 744's and deployed them on Glasgow-Heathrow route twice a day (4 flights per seat, and in High Density config. ). They made good money. After the last competitor at Glasgow was knocked out I increased fares by 15% and kept 78% load factors.

But be careful, because you operate at minimal margins one mistake can bankrupt your airline.

If you'r looking for another big challenge, start at Jersey island and run an airliner with EMB120's.

Winstonread

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »
thanks for all your comments  :D

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »
thanks for all your comments  :D

You're welcome. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask here or drop me a PM.

This also might answer some of your questions:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,31706.0.html

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 10:12:18 PM »
Winstonread....I will try and answer your question for you.

I use HD seating on virtually every a/c.  I set the seating config as dense as possible without labeling the config "poor".  So I have 214 seat A321's and 71 seat ATR72's etc etc. They work well with full pricing...no need to discount prices...the extra seats just make you extra cash...keep it...its better in your pocket  ;D
...it's not over until I say it's over

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 05:44:19 AM »
Not that I've heard of, but I have (in Japan) run A330s and A380s kitted out with high density and people were happy to use them.

I've put HD config for my A300 and some B738 for all domestic routes. It works very well!

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 06:18:50 AM »
Curse, please be a bit more polite towards newby.

Alex and the others, please remember Curse's short temper...

No more mess ups in this tread or I'll close it, ok?

DjTiger

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:59 AM »
... and after a week I was at 30 Aircrafts and one competitor was forces out of the airport.

Thats great.. but my question is, how the hell did you get 30 planes in one week? How much money did you start off with? How is that even possible. I am trying to build up my airline and ive been playing for much more than a week and only have 3 planes. Just ordered (leased) another one due in 2 weeks. But that took me into the red.

Sine i have been playing this, i have always wondered how someone could have 100 planes. Really?!?

Whats the secret

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »
I assume that was a week IRL, which is a little over 9 months in game.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.