Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Using browser extensions  (Read 5631 times)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Using browser extensions
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
And what exactly is that meant to mean?

For this I will post an a quote from a SkypeChat I had earlier this day:

If he [sami] says I am cheating I will say hang on, if I am cheating why am I so crap at the game.

I think this coming from the guy who has admitted to using auto-reloaders you should keep quiet.

The fact he is the only one by now ho clearly admitted his fault makes him to the person who is apparently allowed to stay in the topic and tell his, there is evidence for, skilled opinion ;)

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
I think this coming from the guy who has admitted to using auto-reloaders you should keep quiet.

Should I claim lost of fxxxdom of speech after Jxxx L.? ;D

• Members
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
A few days ago you posted about my airline flying on your routes and restricting your growth (ah competition!). Next I see you buy a A319 and go into debt to compete against me, which now we see is against the game rules.

Today I take a look at the forums and see you have hired yourself a browser robot to lease planes.

If I was you I would fear tomorrow ;D

This thread is too funny  8)

(Note: I was told this could be seen as a threat. Naaah, it's not. I don't care what happens to you or others tomorrow, it's just a cheap joke. Kk?)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:22:20 PM by Curse »

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »
For this I will post an a quote from a SkypeChat I had earlier this day:

If he [sami] says I am cheating I will say hang on, if I am cheating why am I so crap at the game.

That doesn't really answer anything, yet again. I'm more wondering why (not for the first time) you are accusing me of having no knowledge.

The fact he is the only one by now ho clearly admitted his fault makes him to the person who is apparently allowed to stay in the topic and tell his, there is evidence for, skilled opinion ;)

Sorry, what the hell does that mean? It doesn't even make sense. But I'll try to work with it. Are you now saying the person who has admitted to cheating and breaking the AWS TOS is the one with the skilled opinion?

• Members
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »
It's simply about night and potato and stuff.

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »
If I was you I would fear tomorrow ;D

This thread is too funny  8)

(Note: I was told this could be seen as a threat. Naaah, it's not. I don't care what happens to you or others tomorrow, it's just a cheap joke. Kk?)

No offense. I don't know you and you dont know me.

You are right on both though - whats next?  What is the next "cheat" to be revealed? ;D

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »
A few days ago you posted about my airline flying on your routes and restricting your growth (ah competition!).

No you are not restricting my growth, you have to pay your profit to do so. I'm more than happy to see that

Next I see you buy a A319 and go into debt to compete against me, which now we see is against the game rules.

At least it's ALLOWED at the time i take the loan. You should ask Sami not me.

I have already beaten you

Okay, you win :'( ;D

• Members
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
Btw guys, this thread is like a chat. I think I need some kind of auto-page-reloader to be able to follow...

;D

• Members
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
It's simply about night and potato and stuff.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is someone who has realised the argument is lost and has just started with pointless phrases to try to avoid the point.

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »
Btw guys, this thread is like a chat. I think I need some kind of auto-page-reloader to be able to follow...

;D

Should I use reloader on forum posts? Will i be banned for having advantage in viewing posts :'(

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »
I tried to auto-load this thread Curse...but got the red screen of death :-)
So I might have a few days off ...lol

• Members
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:21 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is someone who has realised the argument is lost and has just started with pointless phrases to try to avoid the point.

I'm simply not your mommy who explains you the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again... I did it three times, understand the statements I made or not, I don't care.

Should I use reloader on forum posts? Will i be banned for having advantage in viewing posts :'(

You know what stopped me to do so?

Sami's post. About bandwidth and server load. I have no deep knowledge about such things, but I know I will not hurt sami or this game. I think that's another serious statement that should come to mind to more people.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
I play in Worldlink (WL) and although I cannot talk from any of our managers perspective, I can say that I for one DO NOT and NEVER will use this extension software, I have however on one occasion been so desperate to get an A320 I hit F5 ALOT when one came up and it was being negotiated by another player but I hit it once too often and got a ban for a few minutes and lost out on that aircraft so lesson learnt and I've not bothered again.

Anyway I do not think it is right that accusations are being thrown Worldlinks way or in fact to any other allaince without there being solid 100% proof on the acusers part and I for one am sure if our management knew of any WL player using software to 'beat the system' they would be asked to leave and would not be invited back to the alliance - ever.  

Personally using this software in my opinion is blatant cheting anyone caught using it should recieve an automatic game ban and not just for one fo a day or two but maybe 1 or 2 game year's and permanently if they persist in using these extentions. At the end of the day cheating ruins the game for all the honest players here that pay their money and want to succeed as much as anyone else but they have chosen to be ethical and respect SAMI's rule's.

• Members
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »
I'm simply not your mommy who explains you the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again... I did it three times, understand the statements I made or not, I don't care.

No, you are simply talking out of your rear. You claim that having a large amount of second hand a/c is bad and then you are accosting people for having lots of used aircraft and commenting on auto-loaders is bad yet currently you have 77 used aircraft, something you still refuse to actually accept or address.

You have again told me I have no knowledge and are yet to actually give me a basis for that personal insult.

Anyway I am now off to do something that does not involve AWS, the existence of these things may be a revelation to you.

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 02:39:28 PM »
It's really interesting that for somebody, who cannot read other's mind, can sure how other's think.

• Members
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
Anyway I am now off to do something that does not involve AWS, the existence of these things may be a revelation to you.

Things not involve AWS? There's nothing like that! Only cheap rumors!

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »
Anyway I do not think it is right that accusations are being thrown Worldlinks way or in fact to any other allaince without there being solid 100% proof on the acusers part and I for one am sure if our management knew of any WL player using software to 'beat the system' they would be asked to leave and would not be invited back to the alliance - ever.  
Well, hope you can read your managers' mind, and have a right to say they will ban their members if they get caught or, even admit they have ever used it. Moreover, hope none of you committed into it, because you said your manager will not give a chance to your alliance members. (What a cruel alliance  :o)

If anyone of you prove to us you are willing to correct, welcome to SkyConnect.

Personally using this software in my opinion is blatant cheting anyone caught using it should recieve an automatic game ban and not just for one fo a day or two but maybe 1 or 2 game year's and permanently if they persist in using these extentions. At the end of the day cheating ruins the game for all the honest players here that pay their money and want to succeed as much as anyone else but they have chosen to be ethical and respect SAMI's rule's.
I am quite envy that some of your colleagues can spend that much pf time, always occupies the top of tables. :'( (If they use no cheats ever) (And I suggest all of us don't make claim for your colleagues, otherwise, something funny will happen)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
Well, hope you can read your managers' mind, and have a right to say they will ban their members if they get caught or, even admit they have ever used it. Moreover, hope none of you committed into it, because you said your manager will not give a chance to your alliance members. (What a cruel alliance  :o)

I know our managers and alliance members well enough to know that we all think along similar lines and do not like cheating which should be pretty obvious to anyone that has any ethics.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »
Everyone can settle down.  I think the real question that no one is asking is what difference does it make if someone is using auto-reload extensions to refresh a page every 10-15 seconds versus someone just sitting at their computer pushing F5 every 10-15 seconds?  There are no robots leasing planes automatically--it is all done manually because someone is sitting in front of their computer.  I have openly admitted to using auto-refresh extensions in the past because there literally is zero difference between pushing F5 every 15 seconds versus the browser pushing F5 for you.

Sami is trying to eliminate excess server load and "cheating" by putting in safeguards against the practice.  If refreshing the used aircraft page every 10 seconds blocks you out and potentially bans you from the game area, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you can sit at your computer and press F5 without using a browser extension and still get banned for using a browser extension you don't even have installed.

For everyone claiming they are morally or ethically superior for not using a browser extension, how does the practice of pushing F5 to refresh the page differ than someone auto-reloading?  This is like complaining that someone based at ATL and have a larger airline--the opportunity is available for all players, but very few people take advantage of the opportunity.

Furthermore, a supposed ban based on traffic logs is not going to solve the problem anyways.  What's to keep someone from using an autoreloader that refreshes every 10-20 seconds based on a random number?  It's easy to see who refreshes every 10 seconds, but how can we say with certainty that someone consistently refreshing every 10-20 seconds is an automated script?  If Curse or anyone else has the time of day to watch their browser refresh for hours on end, what makes you think that pushing F5 manually is going to be a deterrent from endless refreshes and accumulating large numbers of aircraft?

I do agree with sami that refreshes can and do waste resources, but the used aircraft market system REQUIRES resources to be wasted for it's most efficient use by players.  Again, I hope this is a short term fix until a new system is put in place as banning players for refreshing manually or automatically is not going to the fix the problem.  If you don't want people refreshing the used aircraft market constantly, why do we have a system that is first-come, first served where fractions of a second determine an aircraft's fate?

• Members
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
I know our managers and alliance members well enough to know that we all think along similar lines and do not like cheating which should be pretty obvious to anyone that has any ethics.

Then the same people at WL who used reloader when I left have stopped and now are ethically correct people? ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.