Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: fleet question  (Read 940 times)

Online bleedfax18

• Members
fleet question
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
Hello fellow Simmers,

due to the unreliable used market, I have a small question: Right now, I'm using two fleet types (A320 and MD80), with the intention to replace the MD80s by A320s later on. Is it worth it to add another fleet type (like avro or atr), or would that be too much of a financial risk?

Thanks for your remarks.
CEO of INterFly

Offline Pai

• Members
Re: fleet question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
the 3rd fleet type will increase your maintainance cost quite a bit,
but it should be OK if you can get rid of the MD80s quick enough.

Because currently you can enjoy to be alone in your base without serious competitions.
Lunar Airways

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:49:07 AM »
It'll double your fleet commonality costs. If you can afford it, go for it... if not, don't..

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:31:24 PM »
We'll, here's a good example, that a fleet of 10 different aircraft types CAN be profitable.. I'm just wondering how he does it? :o

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/194#/AirlineFleet

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »
Amazingly enough I can beat your 10 types by 3 - and the said airline isn't doing to bad either !!

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/359#/AirlineFleet

That deserves some kind of award if you ask me...it must take real skill to survive with so many types !
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
Or just a HQ country with ungodly low staffing costs....Take it from the #4 airline in MT4, based at ALG.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
That deserves some kind of award if you ask me...it must take real skill to survive with so many types !

A real feat. I'd love to see the same number of types survive in north America/ Europe  :laugh:

Offline JonnyAngel

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »
Right now I'm adding my fourth type. (eep) in North America which is not, I know, the way to play the game. Anyone have any tips on how to quickly dump a type. I want to get rid of AVROs eventually, especially before the inevitable fuel spike.  :D

Any points how to get them out in a neat and orderly fashion? I've never done a transition before. I tend to go all in with a fleet type and stick with it, and the transition period sounds like it could be messy...

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:16 PM »
Right now I'm adding my fourth type. (eep) in North America which is not, I know, the way to play the game. Anyone have any tips on how to quickly dump a type. I want to get rid of AVROs eventually, especially before the inevitable fuel spike.  :D

Any points how to get them out in a neat and orderly fashion? I've never done a transition before. I tend to go all in with a fleet type and stick with it, and the transition period sounds like it could be messy...

Depends on how comperable the replacement planes are in turn time and flight speed. Sometimes its as simple as editing routes for the different type.

You'll hit issues if its a slower plane or longer turn time, as you might have an Avro scheduled perfectly for 24 hours of flying, and upgrading to a 737 on the same schedule might require 27. That sir, is the mess.

To cope with the aforementioned mess, you'd want to zap one flight per day from the overscheduled planes and put them on a new one, basically spreading out say, 5 planes of flying over 6 planes of the new fleet type, but limiting the time changes as much a possible to prevent paying for slots twice or thrice.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.