Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: question  (Read 5709 times)

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
Re: question
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2011, 03:27:54 AM »
I really don't see why the likes of Bob etc are getting so worked up about this...
As someone that took 2 of the offending loans I'm aware of the penalty being imposed, and TBH it doesn't take a genius to figure out we all got off quite lightly.

That said, I see that myself along with the other players who took out such loans were well within their rights to do so. The select security assets page clearly detailed that such a practice was allowed, so I do not see myself as "cheating". Im happy to accept the penalty for the use of this practice, with the interest margin on my loans now being ~15% (*yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*) however wish that Sami had have gotten back to our alliances numerous PMs sooner so I didnt do it in the first place  :laugh:

The important thing to look at now is that everyone is back on a level playing field, regardless of the past, and we should all accept Samis judgement and move on.

Again, my 2 cents.

Mitch/ AA123

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2011, 03:37:54 AM »
I really don't see why the likes of Bob etc are getting so worked up about this...
As someone that took 2 of the offending loans I'm aware of the penalty being imposed, and TBH it doesn't take a genius to figure out we all got off quite lightly.

That said, I see that myself along with the other players who took out such loans were well within their rights to do so. The select security assets page clearly detailed that such a practice was allowed, so I do not see myself as "cheating". Im happy to accept the penalty for the use of this practice, with the interest margin on my loans now being ~15% (*yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*) however wish that Sami had have gotten back to our alliances numerous PMs sooner so I didnt do it in the first place  :laugh:

The important thing to look at now is that everyone is back on a level playing field, regardless of the past, and we should all accept Samis judgement and move on.

Again, my 2 cents.

Mitch/ AA123

Not geting worked up at all...

I think that sami did a fine job with dealing with the situation. I just feel that 1) people should not be penalized if they don't break any rules which were clear at the time of infraction and 2) the situation would have worked out better if sami had waited until the next gameworld to fix this issue. But the way that sami fixed it is fine.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2011, 04:59:41 AM »
Class answers by SAC and Ansett.  I can respect that.  For those who somehow think it was ok, it reminds me of the people who were getting half-million dollar home loans on $50K family income.  They knew it wasn't right but they did it anyway just because a lender wanted to make a loan.  Those folks lost their homes. Here in a little game you got hit with an interest rate you should have been paying all along...and you would think the world has just ended. Sad.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2011, 05:52:41 AM »
Class answers by SAC and Ansett.  I can respect that.  For those who somehow think it was ok, it reminds me of the people who were getting half-million dollar home loans on $50K family income.  They knew it wasn't right but they did it anyway just because a lender wanted to make a loan.  Those folks lost their homes. Here in a little game you got hit with an interest rate you should have been paying all along...and you would think the world has just ended. Sad.

+1

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2011, 07:34:33 AM »
Regardless of the action taken by Sami this game is far from now being a 'level playing field' as some players have gained a very very big advantage at the critical stage of this game, being the first few weeks/months of game time.

Basically it means that while most players started with $6mill, a few who knew how to exploit the loan loophole in a few short game weeks had starting capital of maybe $100mill .... not what I call a level playing field at all.

Example:
One player has 50 x props on order which will devastate his opposition (if any) at his airport when they start to come through (I also believe that these aircraft would have then been further exploited to secure massive loans against). The same player has also ordered at least 14 x large fuel efficient aircraft. I suspect all with 'loophole' loan money

So closing the loophole now is like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

The fair thing to do is to restart this game, however I accept that this may not be practical, which is why Sami has taken what I suspect is the only action that can be deemed as practical.

However it appears that I seem to be part of only a small minority that have taken an issue against this loan loophole, so I will now go sit back in my corner and keep learning this game.

PS - any other loopholes that people know of that should be closed so we only ruin this game and 'all clear' for the next?

Regards Darryl

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »
I just want to throw in this loophole, if used with intention or not, isn't something that decides a gameworld.

The airlines who skyrocket used (cheap) international daily flights first, for example Heathrow - JFK. That's why they are ahead. Not because they used some loopholes.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
For the 30 players whose loan terms were changed... Do not consider it as a penalty but rather having the loans now with the correct and intended terms. Yes it will cost you more but it's how it should have been.

wish that Sami had have gotten back to our alliances numerous PMs sooner so I didnt do it in the first place

Numerous = 1  :P

Regardless of the action taken by Sami this game is far from now being a 'level playing field' as some players have gained a very very big advantage at the critical stage of this game, being the first few weeks/months of game time.

Sorry but you are wildly exaggerating this now. The first loans of this nature have been taken out a long time after the world started (judging by the present loans..). Ie. Not even nearly weeks or months but years.

There are absolutely no grounds for the world restart.

Edit: I hate typing with ipad.. Had to fix like ten typos in two lines of text.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:51:21 AM by sami »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2011, 09:29:29 AM »
Fair enough Sami.

And it's still one of the best games / sims I have found, so good work.

Happy gaming all :-)

Regards Darryl

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
Sorry but you are wildly exaggerating this now. The first loans of this nature have been taken out a long time after the world started (judging by the present loans..). Ie. Not even nearly weeks or months but years.

Exactly.
My first loan is barely 8 months old, and the second I have was taken out all of 2 hours before the ruling on this was handed down and the problem rectified.

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »
Not to throw gas on a fire... but is there a loophole with loans and taxes?  I was experimenting with this in a different game world, where I run a regional with little help for growth.  It seems that if I take out a loan for more than my income and then pay it back, I don't get charged the income tax... I do get charged for the loan fee, but it's much less.   I haven't noticed if this is taken care of at the end of the year, but it does seem to reflect in no taxes at the end of a month.   ???

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2011, 04:03:47 PM »

There are absolutely no grounds for the world restart.

I'm shocked that there are only 30 players take such loan :laugh: Anyone want to know the renewed terms of loans? :P It doesn't really threaten/penalize any airline doing so.

Yes my airline took that loan on 17-Jul-02, about 9 mos after game world, I don't see any "unfair", or "not level" playing field :). Everyone in AWS should find the way to expand otherwise the queues will be longer and longer and you will BK with your Old Fuel drinking plane 8)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.