Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: question  (Read 5712 times)

Winstonread

• Former member
question
« on: July 22, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
i dont quite understand how the loans work , if i buy a really small plane like a saab 340 or something and i get a loan putting that as securityies etc etc , could i get the max loan the bank can give me , which for me is 150million USD :/ would be nice to get that money :)

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
No, you won't. Depending on your credit rating, you will get more or less the value of your asset. But generally the money you get is fairly comparable to the the asset's values.

Winstonread

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »
so if the saab was worth 4million , id get 4million loan max? ( btw my credit rating is terrible)

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »
Pretty much yes  :P.

Winstonread

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
thanks , im such a noob :P

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »
thanks , im such a noob :P

No you're not. Although it may be or may not be self-explained, it's certainly not clear. But it took me some purchases in the past to notice that. Better ask someone first  :P.

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »
Actually . . .

There is a loophole here.  But I can't tell you, or my alliance mates would murder me.   ;D

Read the "Select Assets" page carefully.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
In general you could get a loan that is x2 the value of the asset you put as a collateral. E.g. if you you a plane worth of $10 mil, you could get a loan of about $20mm

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »
Actually . . .

There is a loophole here.  But I can't tell you, or my alliance mates would murder me.   ;D

What a trust you have in us ;)

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 12:54:51 AM »
Shall I just be blunt and say it? The loans system is a bit weird, I've been buying up those sweet little Islanders and Cessna 208s for about $2m each, and then securing a loan against each of them for around $8m. It's weird but it works, wait two weeks more and get 3 aircraft instead of 1 (if you're talking LH). It's even more weird considering you can take out the loan, get 2 LH aircraft then buy another Islander for $2m and 2 weeks later secure another $8m loan against them...

Also, from what I can tell the amount you can borrow - whilst linked to the credit rating - is also independent within that rating according to the profit you turned in the previous weeks and the consistency of said profit.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
Actually . . . There is a loophole here.  But I can't tell you, or my alliance mates would murder me.

And actually...  If there really is some real bug and you are misusing it to gain advantage, without reporting the issue, your account will be terminated. Ref. Terms of Service.

Just fyi.....

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »
And actually...  If there really is some real bug and you are misusing it to gain advantage, without reporting the issue, your account will be terminated. Ref. Terms of Service.

Just fyi.....

This has been reported to you many many times over.

This game lets you secure something like 400% against an airplane.  Look back, this has been getting abused a ton of times.  People buy a crap plane, borrow 4x its worth and repeat the cycle.  They get these massive fleets really early in the game.  They stand out.  Honestly, after seeing people do this for 4 straight games, I didn't think it was an exploit any more.  I just don't do it.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Actually . . .

There is a loophole here.  But I can't tell you, or my alliance mates would murder me.   ;D

I think he means the leased out aircraft part, no? That you "cannot use it" but infact you can....

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
I think he means the leased out aircraft part, no? That you "cannot use it" but infact you can....

No, I highly doubt it.  Someone else said it above.   Buy a trislander, secure 4x the value in loans and then lease a bunch of new useful a/c.  Keep doing it over and over and then dump the trislanders.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
And actually...  If there really is some real bug and you are misusing it to gain advantage, without reporting the issue, your account will be terminated. Ref. Terms of Service.

Just fyi.....

It's not a bug, it is a loophole. If you don't have good reading comprehension, this can trick you into doing something stupid. but it isn't a bug...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
If someone has used it unfairly, make them pay all the loans back before they can spend again .... something needs to be done to bring everyone back to a level playing field otherwise we will all go and buy a cheap aircraft to abuse the loan market.

Those of us who haven't used this loop hole still remain at a disadvantage as we don't have as many aircraft on the order pipeline.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
That should include also another massive decrease of first/business class income and high fuel spikes at gameworld start because there's a loophole where people used s***ty old aircraft to earn endless cash what's not possible running a domestic airline :D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 04:04:28 PM »
This has been reported to you many many times over.

I checked the archived bug reports and no, nothing related found/reported.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »
If someone has used it unfairly, make them pay all the loans back before they can spend again .... something needs to be done to bring everyone back to a level playing field otherwise we will all go and buy a cheap aircraft to abuse the loan market.

Those of us who haven't used this loop hole still remain at a disadvantage as we don't have as many aircraft on the order pipeline.
I think this loophole existed for long, at least from the first day when I played AWS.

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »
That should include also another massive decrease of first/business class income and high fuel spikes at gameworld start because there's a loophole where people used s***ty old aircraft to earn endless cash what's not possible running a domestic airline :D

Imagine what can be done if you mix the used s***ty old aircraft with the loan loophole - unstoppable!  :laugh:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.