Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do I make a profit ??  (Read 1586 times)

Online philkirk99

• Members
How do I make a profit ??
« on: July 22, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »
I've been playing for 8 weeks (game time) and my losses are spiralling out of control. I have 5 aircraft, all of which are operating with load factors between 67%-80%. I have advertising in place, my staff morale is good and my aircraft are all 91% or more as far as maintenance is concerned. Where am I going wrong?? Can someone suggest a cure as I don't want to play in a live game simulation (as opposed to the demo), unless I understand what I'm doing wrong.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: How do I make a profit ??
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
Are you flying all different aircraft types? Ideally, to minimise fleet commonality costs, you should be flying a single fleet group with 5 aircraft. Also what size aircraft are you flying?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Online philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
Unfortunately, as the choice of aircraft for lease in the used aircraft market was limited, I am operating 4 different aircraft types - a CRJ50, 2 ATR42s, a Jetstream 32 and a Embraer Brasilia 120. Is this the problem? I understand the need for fleet commonality when you only have a small number of aircraft but I had no choice, with the limited availability of aircraft on the market.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
The used market refreshes nearly daily, which means you do have a choice--you just have to wait.  Many experienced players will say you need to have 20+ of one fleet type before adding a second.  Anytime you add a fleet type, not only does that new fleet type cost you more money, but the cost of all the other fleet types go up as well.

Another rule of thumb is route distance.  You shouldn't fly a plane more than seats x10 miles.  This means if you have an EMB-120 with 30 seats, you shouldn't be flying it on routes more than 300 miles.

Online philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »
Cheers - appreciate your input  :)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »

Online philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
Well, I've scrapped my airline and started again - thanks for the hints and tips  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.