Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Logic????  (Read 971 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
Logic????
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:48:47 AM »
Hey Guys.. I'm new to this game (relatively) and I love it but it seems to have some questionable logic.. I've got a route that has no competition, for 2 months I've been  charging $10 LESS for C class tickets on  than I do Y class tickets, yet my business class LF won't budge past 10% while my Econ LF is in the 80%'s .. Huh??? In real life business class would be jam-packed and coach empty!! Where's the logic??? Thanks..

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Logic????
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:52:40 AM »
Does that route have demand for C-class seats? If not, then you'd get those LFs.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:54:14 AM »
Hey Guys.. I'm new to this game (relatively) and I love it but it seems to have some questionable logic.. I've got a route that has no competition, for 2 months I've been  charging $10 LESS for C class tickets on  than I do Y class tickets, yet my business class LF won't budge past 10% while my Econ LF is in the 80%'s .. Huh??? In real life business class would be jam-packed and coach empty!! Where's the logic??? Thanks..

That part of logic (upgrade of passengers from Y to C) is not part of the algorithm in current version of AWS.  Y, C, F are completely distinct, as if they were apples, oranges and bananas, and apples are only allowed to sit in apple seats etc...

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:54:54 AM »
EDIT: you will get the passengers that appear in the demand chart (about 95% accurate), and it doesn't matter if you charge $0 for C, F, J or cockpit, they don't want to "purchase" a C-class seat.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:58:30 AM »
Logic rule #1 of Airwaysim: Nothing is logical
No replacement for displacement

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 01:59:06 AM »
Thanks Guys.. That answer's my question.. It's based only on demand.. If there's no demand for business class (which there isn't) then regardless of what you charge, you're not gonna sell any seats.. I understand now.. Thanks again.. Happy flying!  :)

thange

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »
Well eventually when your CI and RI get higher you may get better loads but don't expect something close to 100 if there is no significant demand whatsoever

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »

I think this thread is appropriately titled.  How logical is it to put in premium seats and charge less for them when there is zero demand? :)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
It's not.. I was just trying to figure out what drives demand?? It certainly isn't mostly price based.. Is it some fixed city pair data from the past or present? I mean you can't have a "fare sale" and see any significant increase in demand for that route. Right??

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »
Sami has said that there is a small amount that are willing to buy a higher class ticket BUT there always has to be some C/F demand (greater than zero) for this to happen.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.