Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Turnrounds too short  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Turnrounds too short
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
Well airline CEO does not do a bunch of other things either what are present here, otherwise this whole game would be just nonsense if we just simulate only what a ceo does (= sits in meetings).

Read again what I wrote previously about playability. And read again the three points I wrote in the second to last message.

In real life crew scheduling for example may be computer planned initially but it is not and never can be fully automatic to the last flight. Same goes for the aircraft scheduling. There are full time staff that plan and manage those on planning (early) and operational (daily) basis (if we are talking of a normal midsize airline at least). So it is most definitely not some "elementary" thing that works like a childsplay in real life like you make it sound.

(Feel free to code or plan a program that in real time arranges your flights to nice schedules minimizing delays and maximizing utilization when you have 500 aircraft in service.  ...ah, thought so... May be a bit difficult - perhaps not impossible but not worth the huge effort  :P )

End of thread.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:00:44 AM by sami »

Offline pascaly

• Members
Re: Turnrounds too short
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 05:30:34 AM »
I agree, there are some things about AWS that could do with some tweeking (The 'Trip 7' for one  ;D ). BUT, it's a "simulator" not a "replicator".  As Sami rightly points out: there has to be a line between game play and reality.  A limited number of delay causes is one of them.  Just pretend it's not "Turnaround Too Short", instead imagine it says "(Chicken Loose On Aircraft, Inept And Disgruntled Ground Crew Spent 40 Minutes Chasing It So-) - Turnaround Too Short -(As A Result Of Their Bumbling Antics)" .

You need to accept the limits of the game versus the complexity of reality.  

EDIT: After I posted mine, I see Sami had put his foot down re: end of thread. My bad Sami!  ::)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.