Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Amazing Beijing... - slots  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Andriy

• Members
Amazing Beijing... - slots
« on: July 18, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »
Isn't it amazing that it's not London, Atlanta, Paris, etc that ran out of slots first but Beijing?
How comes? Is it reallistic that airport like Beijing has only 10 departures per hour???

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Amazing Beijing... - slots
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
Yes, there is no feature like increasing slots over time. It's also not a fact there were several threads with same content...

Sami simply woke up one day, thought himself "lol, Andriy started at Beijing, what could I do funny to make his life like hell?" and it seems he found a very good solution to decrease YOUR fun.

To be honest - somebody who hangs around in AWS 24/7 like you should really inform yourself about such things... :/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:13:28 AM by Curse »

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
I think the problem the data is rely on 2006 date, while Terminal 3 opened after 2006 which can increase the slots a lot. :)

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:56 AM »
Are you new to AWS or unobservant?  :laugh: Every MT world LHR and PEK run out of slots at similar time. The slot restriction even makes PEK the best airport to fly A380-800D!

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »
I think the problem the data is rely on 2006 date, while Terminal 3 opened after 2006 which can increase the slots a lot. :)
Terminal won't increase slot,slot are limited by runway.

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »

I guess you will delete your post after seeing the Terminals of PEK in google map

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »
New Terminal and New Runway can both increase the ability of processing flights of an airport. Conjested terminal with large number of runways isn't helpful.

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
I count 68 gates at PEK terminal 3.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »

if you cannot handle so many pax at one time, it is useless to built another runway and don't touch other factor of terminal or airspace. I'm sure the slot will not increase or just having a  little change ;)

slot is not only effected by runway but a lot of different factors, includes pax handing capacities, runway usage to airspace limit

For PEK, it had all these problems together ;) so I think both of you are correct AND wrong at the same time: only build T3 and build 3rd runway for PEK can help part of the problem and may lead to a slightly increase on slots, but we have to do all and try to get more airspace from PLAAF if we want to completely change this situation

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
Yes, there is no feature like increasing slots over time. It's also not a fact there were several threads with same content...

Sami simply woke up one day, thought himself "lol, Andriy started at Beijing, what could I do funny to make his life like hell?" and it seems he found a very good solution to decrease YOUR fun.

To be honest - somebody who hangs around in AWS 24/7 like you should really inform yourself about such things... :/

I think the thread that is relevant to PEK is this thread in the bug forum:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,32313.0.html

PEK seems to be suffering from the same problem as ORD and PHX...

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
Hey I am talking about airwaysim,this is GAME TALK,right?
If I remember correctly,to determine how many slot the airport can provide,Airwaysim only consider how many runway the airport have,not gate.(It maybe changed,cause I am away for too long),so building new terminal doesn't help.But 10 slot/hr @2002 seems way off.
And to gather gate number information year by year of 2748 airports in airwaysim is a mission impossible.

Also to people who suggested me check out PEK Terminal 3 at google map,I have saw it with my own eyes,I will leave Google map to you.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:02:41 PM by CX717 »

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »
Hey I am talking about airwaysim,this is GAME TALK,right?
If I remember correctly,to determine how many slot the airport can provide,Airwaysim only consider how many runway the airport have,not gate.(It maybe changed,cause I am away for too long),so building new terminal doesn't help.But 10 slot/hr @2002 seems way off.
And to gather gate number information year by year of 2748 airports in airwaysim is a mission impossible.

Also to people who suggested me check out PEK Terminal 3 at google map,I have saw it with my own eyes,I will leave Google map to you.

maybe sami can answer you the relationship between slot and runway ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.