New name for Atlantic Sotheast Airlines and Expres Jet

Started by Bolier Dweller, July 15, 2011, 03:17:32 PM

Bolier Dweller

I work for Atlantic southeast and recently we have bought express jet and the company wants a new name for both company's. Yesterday they deviled the name Surejet as the new name. AS you can imagine the crew members and my self complained and now they need a new name to run with. So i would open it up to anyone who can come up with a good name for this company. It doest have you combine both our names it can be completely new. If you do come up with a new name please come up with a new logo for the company. A new paint job would be good too but not needed. I'll pass on your ideas to my supervisor and maybe we can get a better name.

I attached the current logos and names. PLEASE come up with something better then surejet

[attachment expired]

slither360

SureJet is such an awful name, it isn't funny.

How about Jungle Jet Airlines? Or Canuck Beer Can Airways?

schro

Quote from: BobTheCactus on July 15, 2011, 05:19:49 PM
SureJet is such an awful name, it isn't funny.

How about Jungle Jet Airlines? Or Canuck Beer Can Airways?

Given that ExpressJet specializes in jungle jets and ASA in Beer Cans, I think it needs to blend better.

How about Beer Can Jungle Airways?

Bolier Dweller

lol im glad yall are taken this so seriously.

We were all pretty upset about the name. our inertial website home page has a top news story of, "due to negative reaction form employees, sure jet looks to be parked at the gate."

i thought about Atlantic Southeast Express, 3 letter idetifyer SEX,

alexgv1

How about drop the Southeast and go with Atlantic Express? Never heard that one before  ::)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

RushmoreAir

LemonButt

Quote from: RushmoreAir on July 15, 2011, 08:25:57 PM
Just make it part of Skywest . . .

If they make it part of Skywest and they start losing money, it can take down the entire company versus just the new subsidiary.  Besides, no one in the eastern US has ever heard of SkyWest unless you've flown out of SLC, so they really have next to zero brand recognition at the SureJet hubs...

RushmoreAir

slither360

Bolier Dweller

yeah im a fan of skyeast myself, and we can't with skywest becouse there non union. And we are

Could someone put a logo together for skyeast and Atlantic Express and any thing else you can come up with?

Curse

cht7520

slither360

Ok, here are some more suggestions varying in seriousness...

SkyConnect Airlines
SkyHigh Airlines
FlyHigh Airlines
Atlantic SkyLines
LateJet
SkyJet
CrystalJet
Fly Atlantic
SmallJet
SlowJet
GreenJet
RegionalJet
CheapJet
Southeast Express
BudJet
Blur Airways

I'm sure I'll think of more soon...

Curse

Quote from: LuisSuarez7 on July 16, 2011, 03:53:11 PM
Your normal daily passengers won't. ;D

They also don't wanted to fly in a Britannia 48 hours long from Los Angeles to Amsterdam and they had to... or in a Dash 8-Q400 with HD seating 2400nm with tech stop. :D

cht7520

How about The Missus.

The Missus orders Boeing 757-200/300
The Missus has declared bankruptcy

In terms of press release:
The Missus has called in the -? country- transport minister for a lashing.
The Missus has called in the executives in charge of used market dealings for a dressing-down.
The Missus is not pleased...

Brilliant name ;D

Zabuti

Hello

Based on your company profile and targeting, I believe you want to stick to a domestic (or close neighbouring) airline).

Therefore, I'd suggest a few :

FlyUSA.net
Southeast Express (co-branded image)
Wings of America (vintage positionning)
Coyote Airlines (change your positionning, but still good for low-cost)

Please give us a bit more info on your positionning or targeted name

Kindest regards

PS : From my business experience, Southeast Express is the easiest way of marketing your new airline.

Good luck,  let us know what's coming up in that meeting (if you can)

Bolier Dweller

As far as I know they want a name that is not tied to one area. The coo is open
To any names as long as it does not have a trademark or is already taken by another airline or company.  They also said we won't get paid or anything I'f they pick your name ;(

slither360

Quote from: Boiler Dweller on July 19, 2011, 02:09:37 AM
To any names as long as it does not have a trademark or is already taken by another airline or company.  They also said we won't get paid or anything I'f they pick your name ;(
Blur Airways or BlurJet, or Blur Airline, or similar is the best... (IMO)

Zabuti

Quote from: Boiler Dweller on July 19, 2011, 02:09:37 AM
To any names as long as it does not have a trademark or is already taken by another airline or company.  They also said we won't get paid or anything I'f they pick your name ;(

well, to be honest, IMHO and based on my experience as a marketing staff in airline industry, they won't pick-up any name where there is a risk of copyright or author right.

Just think it the other way... if they accept a name given in here (like... Blur Airways for example, or jet Green (which I like BTW)), and they becomme successful with this name...

Someday, a guy from AWS may come and say "hey ! I suggested this name, so you make money with my ideas. I want royalties!". Legally speaking, this would be a mess for the airline.

I really don't want to be pessimistic, but your loawyers would be really bad councellors if they accepted such a method. The only thing you can do is sugegst name internally, with no mention in AWS... This could also turn against you by your company, and this is something that nobody here want you to suffer.

I'd be really happy to help your airline, with no bad intention or no willing to be involved in things I'm not related to. But this is something you need to deal carefully.

I wish you the best, truly.

Kind regards