Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: B757 are not common to B767.. why?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: B757 are not common to B767.. why?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
so angry in the morning many are...  must be from a lack of used planes on the market or slots at LHR or some whorish tool is flying F.27s on a route with 3000 demand...  sheesh.

Have I illustrated my point with the 737 example? It actually shows there is a good call for these to have commonality. I mentioned it to you before in another thread, but I am drafting up a large proposal for partial commonality.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »

Swiftus, it really isnt; that is more parts commonality than the 737 classics and NGs. And we know how much you want them to share commonality.

I DON'T want them to share fleet commonality at all.  I want there to be a reduced penalty (not fair to have same penalty going from 737c to 737ng versus 737c adding a A340 to the fleet)...   I am the champion of increasing commonality penalties, NOT remove them.  What I want is for them to be produced on the same factory floor.  There shouldn't be two identical lines producing both a/c at full speed.  Same to be said about the MD80/MD90 series too.   Boeing basically quit making the classics (except for some dummy classics built on NG platforms for Southwest) when the NGs came out.  There weren't mirror image factories in Seattle.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
 I want there to be a reduced penalty...

Enough said for me this is also my goal. There is a simple way or a whole reform of the fleet system.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
that's like saying we have 99% of the same dna monkeys do...

LOL

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.