Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Availibility Airbus/Boeing  (Read 6498 times)

badlt58

• Former member
Aircraft Availibility Airbus/Boeing
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:36:55 PM »
Is there anyone else having a hard time securing B737-300/400/500 or any A319/320/321s?   I have growth opportunities and its killing my airline not being abale to get jets to service pax.

Advice? I'm running two beat up 737-ADV.

Monk Xion

• Former member
Re: Aircraft Availibility Airbus/Boeing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »
Is there anyone else having a hard time securing B737-300/400/500 or any A319/320/321s?   I have growth opportunities and its killing my airline not being abale to get jets to service pax.

+1 Here. I ordered some ATR's and im going to save up for some new A321's

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »
You can look at Global Stats here, to see if there is some of the aircraft you need in storage:
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats

If there is something in storage, just check back the used market every once in a while.  If nothing is in storage, or if the stocks are dwindling, you may need to order a new aircraft, and wait for it to be delivered....

badlt58

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »
I guess my big worry is that yes I can go out and get smaller planes. But now I create a logistical nightmare later with airplane types. I don't want to operate random aircraft fleets that will be tough to dispose of later.

I guess I will suck it up and see if some operators drop off and jets come back into the pool.  I have toyed with ordering planes can't make the value proposition right now...This sucks.

badlt58

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »
Thanks Jumbo!

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »
I guess my big worry is that yes I can go out and get smaller planes. But now I create a logistical nightmare later with airplane types. I don't want to operate random aircraft fleets that will be tough to dispose of later.

I guess I will suck it up and see if some operators drop off and jets come back into the pool.  I have toyed with ordering planes can't make the value proposition right now...This sucks.

I'm in the same position as you. Thats why I was afraid of getting the ATR's.... Another fleet type. But I wanted to try some props anyway so took the plunge. Not getting any more a/c until jets pop up

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
Save up buy new.  Every single game we have tons of slot/used ac threads.  It won't change.  

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »
I think it's one of the best early used markets there has been for along time. 

Not many players have tons of spare cash and soon we'll start seeing the brokers move their new aircraft onto the used market.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »
I've been F5ing for 4 hours, and no A333 to be seen  :'(
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
I've been F5ing for 4 hours, and no A333 to be seen  :'(

Theres a fine MD11 for you ;)

Online oggie84

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »
Is there anyone else having a hard time securing B737-300/400/500 or any A319/320/321s?   I have growth opportunities and its killing my airline not being abale to get jets to service pax.

Upon hearing these accusations the CEO of Privilege Airlines took the oppotunity to launch a research/expeditionary mission by conducting a somewhat strange and very rare fly-over of the aircraft storage facilities in the U.S....

On presentation of this image, the puzzled CEO mildly exclaimed "So that's why they are!" before storming off to the Boardroom to continue negotiations with the 'with-holding' aircraft brokers.

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 03:29:22 AM »
Some of them planes on that pic baffles me. At least a-third of them would have airlines killing to get their hands on them.

744? You've got to be kidding me.
74F. How DHL/UPS would love to get their hands on one.
I bet EVA AIR would love that MD-11F back as well.

Sulton111

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »
looks like the BA aircraft are doing as much in retirement as they did when in service  ;D

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
I'm having bad luck with used aircraft today.

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
Same here.  Things were going so well, now I haven't been able to get one for 24 RL hours (I did pass on one that had a 50% higher lease fee than the other B-734's I have).  I can see they're getting leased - I'm just never around when they come on the market.

Had to take a loan and order three new B-739's.  For kicks I then checked the Used market and three 734's were sitting there.     

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »

You have your good days and bad days. I don't think you had many bad days in DOTM ;D
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »
You have your good days and bad days. I don't think you had many bad days in DOTM ;D

Yeah, that was when I had the time to sit in front of my laptop. Now that I've got a summer job I can't do that.  :'(

I am one A320-200 away from completing my <1250nm route network and they've been avoiding me for the last two days. >:(

badlt58

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »
By some miracle I did snag a used 7373. A little pricey thank god I had high revenue routes waiting for it. I think I can stand pat for now. I need to replace my 737-ADVs first. And then whats the thought on CRJs or going off the deep end and getting 717s?

;D

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 08:19:04 PM »
By some miracle I did snag a used 7373. A little pricey thank god I had high revenue routes waiting for it. I think I can stand pat for now. I need to replace my 737-ADVs first. And then whats the thought on CRJs or going off the deep end and getting 717s?

;D

CRJs are awful.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,29622.0.html

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »
I think they're fine :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.