Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 3276 times)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Please Help!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 01:28:45 AM »
Actually, I believe we're taking for granted that the passengers must fly yes or yes in any of the two flights that depart at the very same time, if those are the only flights of the day. But sometimes you just can't travel at that time for some reason (job, kids's school, etc), so just don't travel. Or find another way.

A lot of different subjects here:

- If you have a suply of 150 (it is the only choice) and demand of 1500, you should sell 100% of the seats any time of day.
- the system does not spread the demand for different times of day  Right now, it is one chunk of passengers.  What the system does is it scores the supply.  Now, in addition to earlier parameters, it scores how spread out the flights are in order to assign demand among competitors.
- In case there is no competition, right now, if you have a demand of 600, and there is a single A380 flying, it is not a problem.  This A380 can get LF that are just fine, in 80s or 90s.  What I am saying is that if the system does not have a problem with 1xA380, it should not have a problem with 4x320 departing at the exactly the same time....

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:19 AM »
I just disagree with your statement.  No airport, airline, or any entity would want to allow one airline to fly 4 airplanes at the exact same time to them. 

Also, you can't compare these routes as these planes dont compete.   They are apples to oranges.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 01:55:06 AM »
I just disagree with your statement.  No airport, airline, or any entity would want to allow one airline to fly 4 airplanes at the exact same time to them. 

There are 100s of things in real life that have not made it to AWS.  I am just talking about one specific (new) rule in AWS:

Sami posted that if you have 2 or more aircraft departing at the same time, they would be treated as one larger aircraft.  Here is a quote:

Quote from: sami
   - If you have several flights to the same destination (ie. same route-pair) departing at the very same time, or very near the same time, they are counted almost like a single flight.
   - If the flights are too close to each others they are treated basically as a single flight (but with the total amount of seats available of course), so this leads to lower sales for those flights that overlap or nearly overlap on dep. times.

I understand the first part.  The second part "so this leads to lower sales for those flights that overlap or nearly overlap on dep. times." is a little confusing.  Yes, in the competitive situation, you don't get the frequency benefit, and it could lead to lower sales.  But what I am trying to find out is how this rule works in situation that is not competitive, only one airline is flying the route.  The rule should basically have no effect if you are the only airline flying the route.

Also, you can't compare these routes as these planes dont compete.   They are apples to oranges.

Why not?  You can have a route, say a transatlantic flight with, say 600 pax demand, and you can have 4x737-900ER, 2xA333 or 1xA380.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »
If I get it right what you are claiming:

1) 4xA320 (dep. same time) versus 4xA320 (dep. diff. times) = Frequency wins, 4xA320 (dep. diff. times)

2) 4 2xA320 (dep. same time) versus 1xA330 (dep. 1 time) = Tie/Draw

These are your claims.

The system provides 1) but we are not sure if 2) is the case right now, and it is difficult to test since route image has gained omportance obviously.

Cheers,
Denis
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:08:57 AM by DenisG »

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »
If I get it right what you are claiming:

1) 4xA320 (dep. same time) versus 4xA320 (dep. diff. times) = Frequency wins, 4xA320 (dep. diff. times)

2) 4xA320 (dep. same time) versus 1xA330 (dep. 1 time) = Tie/Draw

These are your claims.

The system provides 1) but we are not sure if 2) is the case right now, and it is difficult to test since route image has gained omportance obviously.

Cheers,
Denis

Yeah, except 2xA320 (departing at the same time) vs. 1xA333 should be a tie.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 02:28:02 AM »
Hi Jumbo.

Ok, I think 1) is really good and will make the game much more competitive.

Since Clemens claimed that his LFs were dropping quite strongly, I believe there must be a penalty hence, but I am not sure.

Quoting Sami:
"If the flights are too close to each others they are treated basically as a single flight (but with the total amount of seats available of course), so this leads to lower sales for those flights that overlap or nearly overlap on dep. times."

My understanding:

1xA320 (dep. 1 time), RI 0, CI 0 = LF 60%

2xA320 (dep. same time), RI 0, CI 0 = LF 60%-penalty

1xA330 (dep 1 time), RI 0, CI 0 = LF 60%

This would let the A330 win.

If the A330 should get the same LF, we would have to either impose the same penalty on him or remove the penalty from the 2 A320s. Let's imagine that were possible to integrate into the system; we would then have to switch again as a new competitor enters the route with three dailies (diff. dep. times). Sounds pretty complex to program.

Apart from the programing, I dislike the idea of making them equal. It is a long desired first step to making scheduling a bigger factor in competition. The game has the potential to become more challenging. I regularly try to schedule throughout the day, as I find it more realistic; now, I have a further motivation to emphasize this.

Cheers,
Denis

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 03:29:22 AM »

I have to agree with Swift on this one.   Ok, lets say you have enough money to afford running 1 A330 on the route.  Why would you run 2 planes at the same time.  That's double the costs.  You have to pay 2 flight crews, cabin crews, fuel, slot cost etc.  So in my mind, this new rule that Sami imposed makes alot of sense, and brings reality to the game.

Just my 2 cents 8)

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:01 AM »

I have to agree with Swift on this one.   Ok, lets say you have enough money to afford running 1 A330 on the route.  Why would you run 2 planes at the same time.  That's double the costs.  You have to pay 2 flight crews, cabin crews, fuel, slot cost etc.  So in my mind, this new rule that Sami imposed makes alot of sense, and brings reality to the game.

Just my 2 cents 8)

Well, there are tonnes of reasons behind an airline's special fleet. It might be commonality, the big boss's personal preference, and mostly in real life - political issues.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.