Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 3280 times)

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
Please Help!
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »
Hello

My Routes out of no where have dropped to 45% LF and keep on dropping......They were up to 80%. I have changed NOTHING.....please help!!

Thanks,
Clement

cht7520

• Former member
Re: Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
Scheduling?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
You have increased the route prices apparently. In other words, you are getting more money but less passengers.

Visible nicely here in the new Revenue graph: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
Thank you Sami! Its weird because i didn't touch the prices at all.....Anyways i RESET them all. Is that what i should have done?

Thanks,
Clement

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:07:35 AM »
Still going down......

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 02:14:52 AM »
Hi Clemens,

I guess you tapped into the new frequency count. You have three routes departing at the same time.

Cheers,
Denis

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 02:17:27 AM »
Hi Clemens,

I guess you tapped into the new frequency count. You have three routes departing at the same time.

Cheers,
Denis

That's the ticket ;)
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 02:24:14 AM »
Here is the link to Sami's posting introducing the new frequency count.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,32143.0.html

Cheers,
Denis

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 03:14:55 AM »

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
Hi

Visible nicely here in the new Revenue graph: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/

Thanks sami, just found that new graph, and it is very usefull  8)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »
Hi Clemens,

Cheers,
Denis

And should that be a problem?  He would get no benefit from frequency.  But he is the only one flying MIA-ATL.  So there should be no penalty.

How is flying 2x A320 at the same time different (worse) than flying, say 1xA333?  If it is worse, than I don't think it is implemented correctly.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
And should that be a problem?  He would get no benefit from frequency.  But he is the only one flying MIA-ATL.  So there should be no penalty.

How is flying 2x A320 at the same time different (worse) than flying, say 1xA333?  If it is worse, than I don't think it is implemented correctly.

Hi Jumbo.

The benefit from frequency is still significant as in the scenarios before, but the newly implemented cap and scheduling penalty may cause his two aircraft on that route to cannibalize each other. In his case the negative impact probably results from the scheduling penalty and less from the frequency cap, as he is apparantly alone on that route.

Due to the significant impact of frequency, in earlier scenarios, an A330 would have been emptied out pretty quickly by competitors operating smaller aircraft with more dailies. Hence, the cap and scheduling penalty is one step towards making the big birds more competitive on short and medium routes.

Cheers,
Denis

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »
Hi Jumbo.

The benefit from frequency is still significant as in the scenarios before, but the newly implemented cap and scheduling penalty may cause his two aircraft on that route to cannibalize each other. In his case the negative impact probably results from the scheduling penalty and less from the frequency cap, as he is apparantly alone on that route.

Due to the significant impact of frequency, in earlier scenarios, an A330 would have been emptied out pretty quickly by competitors operating smaller aircraft with more dailies. Hence, the cap and scheduling penalty is one step towards making the big birds more competitive on short and medium routes.

Cheers,
Denis

My point is:  It is fine to remove the frequency benefit on a competitive route, if the flights are scheduled too close.  But there is a huge difference between removing a benefit and instituting a penalty.

I think removing the frequency benefit is fine (on competitive route).  Turning it into a penalty (on a non-competitive rout) is not fine, IMO.  2x320 departing at the same time should be treated equally to 1x333, if there is no competition.  And on a busier route, if there is no competition, 4x320 departing at the same time should be treated the same as 2x333 or 1x380.

The reason I am bringing it up is that from Clement's post, his LFs went drastically down when he added a 2nd set of flight at the same time - while there was no competition, and he did not overload the route.  That seems like a penalty to me.... 

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
No longer will 10 flights leave the same airport at 2255 and be counted as separate planes.  They will no be punished.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
No longer will 10 flights leave the same airport at 2255 and be counted as separate planes.  They will no be punished.

(My question is mainly about non-competitive routes)

How about 4?  And if they will be punished, should A380 be punished as well, just for being A380, and being equivalent to some 4xA320 departing at the same time?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »
(My question is mainly about non-competitive routes)

How about 4?  And if they will be punished, should A380 be punished as well, just for being A380, and being equivalent to some 4xA320 departing at the same time?

Only affects the one airline.  Doesn't affect the one flying the 380 (and no other planes within an hour or so)... or either that or Sami made a HUGE error.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
Only affects the one airline.  Doesn't affect the one flying the 380 (and no other planes within an hour or so)... or either that or Sami made a HUGE error.

Well, too bad I did not get into the beta, because that's something I would have tested...

I don't want to try it now, while my airline is in infancy, maybe later.

What it should do is 1 A380 should get slaughtered vs. 4 competing A320s, with flight time spread out.

1 A380 should be even vs 4xA320s where 4xA320s depart at the same time

When flying with no competition, 4xA320s departing at the same time should have no penalty, because they are pretty much an equivalent of s single A380.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
Well, this is more or less same with your concern about low LF on a route without competitor. Passenger can choose to fly at different time only when there is option to do so. But when all the flights are taking-off at the same minute, then they got no choice but to board your plane. But it doesn't work this way in AWS.

Just like the graph said 2000 people want to fly from Beijing to Taipei daily. But, you supply only 600 seats and you got no competitor there. Still, only 400 people fly with you. I wonder if the remaining 1600 people really swim across the Pacific Ocean daily...

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:44 AM »
Well, this is more or less same with your concern about low LF on a route without competitor. Passenger can choose to fly at different time only when there is option to do so. But when all the flights are taking-off at the same minute, then they got no choice but to board your plane. But it doesn't work this way in AWS.

Just like the graph said 2000 people want to fly from Beijing to Taipei daily. But, you supply only 600 seats and you got no competitor there. Still, only 400 people fly with you. I wonder if the remaining 1600 people really swim across the Pacific Ocean daily...

I hope when the new demand system is developped, this will be taken into account, which is, what options do passengers have.  If you are the only option, and there are way more passengers who want to fly than you are supplying, you should automatically have 100% LF.

But that is a topic for another day...

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:37 AM »
I hope when the new demand system is developped, this will be taken into account, which is, what options do passengers have.  If you are the only option, and there are way more passengers who want to fly than you are supplying, you should automatically have 100% LF.

But that is a topic for another day...

Actually, I believe we're taking for granted that the passengers must fly yes or yes in any of the two flights that depart at the very same time, if those are the only flights of the day. But sometimes you just can't travel at that time for some reason (job, kids's school, etc), so just don't travel. Or find another way.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.