Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Just some bulls*** talk on strategy  (Read 977 times)

GDK

• Former member
Just some bulls*** talk on strategy
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:06:56 PM »
It looks like grabbing aircraft such as Fokker 100, B737, A320 and MD80s then put them in domestic high dense short distance(~200nm) routes during day time coupled with a ~1000nm routes to occupy the midnight down time is the best way to monopoly the game. Many people using this strategy to grab the slots in this starting point. Also they will focus in 1 routes to fully supply it before expanding the 2nd for max profit. This is mostly happening in Asia especially places like Japan and China.

And the 2nd most popular strategy is using 757 or 767 to fly high dense international routes.

Any other good strategy to share?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Just some bulls*** talk on strategy
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »
My favorite strategy is using Cessna Grand Caravans and taxiing to short-haul airports to save fuel and avoid a hull lose.  You can never be too safe out there.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
Lol... Cessna...

Winstonread

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
cessnas are quality planes geeze  ;)

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
cessnas are quality planes geeze  ;)

But not in AWS :P

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
Not using very large a/c on domestic 1000nm routes at the beginning. Unless you are in Japan i guess...  1.5 mil in staff costs for 2 A300's killed me

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »
Do basically that strategy but with ATR-72s. In the last MW I had a fleet of 50 ATRs and consistently had the most profitable airline in the world. Even with $1000+ oil I managed 30% margins

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
Do basically that strategy but with ATR-72s. In the last MW I had a fleet of 50 ATRs and consistently had the most profitable airline in the world. Even with $1000+ oil I managed 30% margins

Thats true. I'm prob gunna order Dash 8's soon

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
It looks like grabbing aircraft such as Fokker 100, B737, A320 and MD80s then put them in domestic high dense short distance(~200nm) routes during day time coupled with a ~1000nm routes to occupy the midnight down time is the best way to monopoly the game. Many people using this strategy to grab the slots in this starting point. Also they will focus in 1 routes to fully supply it before expanding the 2nd for max profit. This is mostly happening in Asia especially places like Japan and China.

And the 2nd most popular strategy is using 757 or 767 to fly high dense international routes.

Any other good strategy to share?

This WAS the strategy to use.  Here is why

X = # of pax looking to go from A to B
Y = Total number of FLIGHTS between A and B

Therefore, without any penalties for flights between 23-05, you simply took X/Y and that many people flew on each flight.  So, the small planes ALWAYS win in this case.

Sami has made it so that if you have too many takeoffs/landings that Y will no longer equal total flights.  If you have flights too close together, they will both be considered one flight (thus sharing the same pax pool for that timeframe).

This will be tweaked, I HOPE.  You shouldn't be ever able or allowed to fly 20x 757s from JFK to CDG.  Those airports would definitely pressure you to fly widebodies so they can service other planes.

This is exactly why I said that this rule change will help the widebodies of the world actually compete against the 757s

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.