Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: XXX decraled bankruptcy.... XXX starts operation...  (Read 2800 times)

GDK

• Former member
XXX decraled bankruptcy.... XXX starts operation...
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:13:22 AM »
Look at the airline news section.

All the news are players restarting at the same airport. So, what is the solid reason behind their action? If they choose the same base, it means the base is not a problem. Strategy problem? Fleet problem? How they know their strategy don't work if they don't spare some patience to observe? How they know their fleet is not good while the pax load and company image haven't grow?

Hey guys, don't simply give up. Don't feel that you are doing bad when you see your statistic is not better than your competitor. If everything smooth as what we wish, then it will be not challenging at all.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: XXX decraled bankruptcy.... XXX starts operation...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:18:01 AM »
Look at the airline news section.

All the news are players restarting at the same airport. So, what is the solid reason behind their action? If they choose the same base, it means the base is not a problem. Strategy problem? Fleet problem? How they know their strategy don't work if they don't spare some patience to observe? How they know their fleet is not good while the pax load and company image haven't grow?

Hey guys, don't simply give up. Don't feel that you are doing bad when you see your statistic is not better than your competitor. If everything smooth as what we wish, then it will be not challenging at all.

Lot's of reasons, main one, IMO, getting aircraft you don;t really want.  For example, you get an aircraft and then realize that a C check is coming within a month or 2, or that the technical condition of the aircraft is poor, causing too many delays.  Then you look at used market, and it has aircraft that you do want...

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:25 AM »
It could be. But the technical condition of the aircraft doesn't change the company's operation in a huge factor I guess. I have 4 B737 with average age of 14 years, no C-check in coming 6 months, all maintenance as per schedule, but I got a delay rate of 67% due to technical problem....

And all of us get 3 chances only. Just don't simply waste the chances unless you got no option to survive like jumbo said, c-check coming...

Offline FlyTO

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »
Yep had to bk because I went for old MDs (thought there would be slot more available and easy to replace) was at age 16 with 60% condition causing major delays and cancellations, and negative CI. It was only $ 200-300k/month lease so I had 3 of them but no cash to repair them. Also noticed some Airbuses on the used market so I just bk'ed and now I have two 4.5 year old planes making decent profit. I am based in LAX so 7 of us and some good players too. Always like a challenge :)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:43:49 PM »
Yea, I did it. Based at La Guardia. Picked a 767 and  a (bad) 757 flying to LAX. After flying for about one real day I was already at -500k and dropping fast. So had a look at the used market, saw there had just been a heap of new 757s, so bk'd and started again.

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »
I think something might be wrong with the aircraft condition levels... I have MD80s that average around 12 years old, and the condition level dropped really fast on them and caused huge delays. When I had 2, one was at 71% and one at somewhere around 60%. I checked a little bit later last night, and the 71% had improved to 82% and I fixed the 60% to 71%. Now, the 71% is down to 67% (overnight), and the 82% fell to 75% (overnight). Not to mention I got a new MD80 that quickly fell to below 70%. Am I going to have to repair these aircraft every day???
~Sonata Airlines- Song of the Skies~

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »
Are you scheduling A and B checks properly? Those always send your conditions up.

I've had a/c bought at about 60% and a few game weeks of A and B checks and they were already up to 75%.

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »
Are you scheduling A and B checks properly? Those always send your conditions up.

I've had a/c bought at about 60% and a few game weeks of A and B checks and they were already up to 75%.

Absolutely, all A and B checks are properly scheduled. I wonder if there is something new programmed in that affects certain aircraft types more than others? The other people having this problem also have MD-80s.

Offline cutchie

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
A whole host of reasons really, I did it at Toronto because I've done short haul airlines to death so I switched while I still could without to harsh a penalty to a long haul operation.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »
A whole host of reasons really, I did it at Toronto because I've done short haul airlines to death so I switched while I still could without to harsh a penalty to a long haul operation.

You can't survive with short haul routes? How short are your routes? My previous experience told me short distance routes is one of the fastest growing method during starting.

Offline cutchie

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
You can't survive with short haul routes? How short are your routes? My previous experience told me short distance routes is one of the fastest growing method during starting.

I can do really well with short haul but I've been playing since the intial beta tests of AWS and I'm getting a bit tired of short haul ops, so I fancied a change.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »
I'm trying out with not-so-short distance routes between 500-2000nm and my competitors are ahead of me with the short haul operation.

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:21 PM »
I think something might be wrong with the aircraft condition levels... I have MD80s that average around 12 years old, and the condition level dropped really fast on them and caused huge delays. When I had 2, one was at 71% and one at somewhere around 60%. I checked a little bit later last night, and the 71% had improved to 82% and I fixed the 60% to 71%. Now, the 71% is down to 67% (overnight), and the 82% fell to 75% (overnight). Not to mention I got a new MD80 that quickly fell to below 70%. Am I going to have to repair these aircraft every day???

Just an update, I repaired my 3rd MD80, and right after being repaired, only a couple hours later, it has already dropped like 4%!!! Ughhh!!!

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »
Luckily I don't have any MD80s in operation. But my competitor seems doing great with this fleet group.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »
Just an update, I repaired my 3rd MD80, and right after being repaired, only a couple hours later, it has already dropped like 4%!!! Ughhh!!!

Donīt be too upset, thıs ıs just daıly wear and tear and condıtıon wıll soon ımprove agaın after lıne maıntenance (A\B checks).
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
Not gunna lie... I bked 4 times so far. I finally figured out what my problem was.... I'm wasnt going with my gut when I buy a/c and shedule routes. I noe have only Airbus A320 series a/c ... and I'm making a modest profit for only having 2.

Finaly snagged some decent condition ones too... Delays are low finally

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
Donīt be too upset, thıs ıs just daıly wear and tear and condıtıon wıll soon ımprove agaın after lıne maıntenance (A\B checks).

They are dropping 1-2% daily. It seems the only thing that helps is a B check which comes every 30 days. Am I supposed to let my aircraft fall 30-60% between each check?? My planes have spent more time in extra maintenance than flying... but I have got them up to 80-90% after a ton of $$$. I have played this game for years and never had this issue be so severe, I think something changed with the MD80s and ver1.3.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
They are dropping 1-2% daily. It seems the only thing that helps is a B check which comes every 30 days. Am I supposed to let my aircraft fall 30-60% between each check?? My planes have spent more time in extra maintenance than flying... but I have got them up to 80-90% after a ton of $$$. I have played this game for years and never had this issue be so severe, I think something changed with the MD80s and ver1.3.

I have seen it in MT3 and MT4.  Older aircraft, bought in condition below 70%.  And the only way I could cure it was to bring them up to 100% - at a great loss of income and momentum....

In MT5, my aircraft is newer, bought at > 70% condition, and it seems to be improving on its own during B checks.  Now at 91 and 87%...

There seems to be some threshold below with A/B checks just are not sufficient to do the job....

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
I spent more cash for slots than leasing a B737. Is this one of the reason people went bankrupt?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »
Nope.  Sami said he was greatly increasing slot prices.  A lot of this is geared to slow down the fun early part of the game.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.