Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Not overly impressed  (Read 1603 times)

flightsimer

• Former member
Not overly impressed
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:30 AM »
I dislike that that game size was increase to 600 from 500 when DOTM was decreased to 400. 500 was too many, 600 is way too many! i do not appreciate the fact that instead of having two games running together, you keep it at one game and just increase the ammount. I sure two games with 400 each would have both filled up, right now it would be at least 300-300 or 400-200.

Secondly, the airline pages take forever to load everything. They need to be optimized better somehow.

I do however like the length increasing in timespan and some of the new stuff that i have noticed.

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Not overly impressed
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:46:05 AM »
600 is fine, if people just no base the same place.

No loading problems here.

Winstonread

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »
i think its better to have 600 to be honest , more realistic there are well over 600 airlines in real life dont forget, but we all have different opinions  :D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
200 players in world that has all airports and traffic levels of modern era (= a big pax demand) is way too little.

And the issue with airline info pages is reported, and I even have posted a note about it to this forum when game started. The route maps are causing it, will change the loader of that later when I can.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:00:29 AM by sami »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »
I dislike that that game size was increase to 600 from 500 when DOTM was decreased to 400. 500 was too many, 600 is way too many! i do not appreciate the fact that instead of having two games running together, you keep it at one game and just increase the ammount. I sure two games with 400 each would have both filled up, right now it would be at least 300-300 or 400-200.

Secondly, the airline pages take forever to load everything. They need to be optimized better somehow.

I do however like the length increasing in timespan and some of the new stuff that i have noticed.

I think 600 is fine, but the restriction of 7 airlines HQ'd in one airport should be lifted.  If 10-20 airlines want to fight over ATL or ORD or otherwise, I say let them.  Furthermore, having 10-20 airlines at the major hubs would free up a lot of the relatively smaller airports for the rest of us...

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
I think 600 is fine, but the restriction of 7 airlines HQ'd in one airport should be lifted.  If 10-20 airlines want to fight over ATL or ORD or otherwise, I say let them.  Furthermore, having 10-20 airlines at the major hubs would free up a lot of the relatively smaller airports for the rest of us...
I feel the limit can lift up to 10, because we can see there are so much people go to big hubs during start, while some of people joined later can't get into the big hubs. I think lifting up the demand allow all of us have a chance to choose at least, but not punished by the rule due to joining the world late.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
I think there should be no cap at all. Instead, if you try to select a base with more than, say 5 people based there, then the system should give a BIG warning, like "Warning: this base has _ Airlines already based there" and then some paragraph about how excessive competition causes lack of unserved demand making it difficult to play and whatever. But enforcing a hard coded limit does seem like a good idea to me.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
"Warning: this base has _ Airlines already based there"

There used to be. Didn't help.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
I don't mind 600 players , Its fun with so many players in the long run but  as usual my one point is game is too slow, I prefer 25 mins a day  can manage 30 mins but 35 is way too slow Sami.

Cheers

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
I believe it will be a very different game with regard to slots, as Curse had pointed out already in a posting (can't find right now) on the beta test.
Cheers,
Denis

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:21 AM »
well considering how nearly 1/3 (174 to be exact) of all the players in the game are based in the US, i hardly call that realistic.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
Less players = easier game = boredom

I don't know of any good strategy / simulation games that will keep peoples interest if the game is easy. For me it is a case of the harder the game the better.
I really don't see the point of playing if it ends up being a case of 300 billionaires in a 300 player game.

As for the game time day - it is fine as it is, any shorter and I would have to quit my real job to devote more time to the simulation.

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 09:11:07 AM »
Hi,

600 players is ok for me. AWS is a game, and competition is what makes this game interesting  :P

cheers

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
I don't mind 600 players , Its fun with so many players in the long run but  as usual my one point is game is too slow, I prefer 25 mins a day  can manage 30 mins but 35 is way too slow Sami.
Cheers

I agree.
Why not open up several version of a game world? One slow and one fast?

Dan

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:11 AM »
While the game worlds at at a good size, 400-600 I'd say is where it is good. I would vouch for more than one full game world starting at the same time.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 11:07:28 AM »
Why not open up several version of a game world? One slow and one fast?

In other browsergames I participated computer power was always a limiting factor. I don't know sami's setting, but common sense tells me he simply can't set up endless gameworlds because he would lack players and has much more costs to cover.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a smaller and faster game world additional to the normal gameworlds, too. :) Some arcade round like Beta 1.3 game was ;D

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:18 AM »
I think if the plane flying one day can consume the demand of different days, that should allow more players because some small airports can be based :) And more routes allowed to open. Probably it can support to 800 players :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.