Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: The slot thingy  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Re: The slot thingy
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
Most of these people have played DotM#2 where slots were very rare (60% start, up to 200% later) at start and now it's impossible to use all of them. It's also not possible to "close" airports like Haneda or Heathrow with endless props.

When I got bored of DotM#2 I was one of three biggish airlines based at LHR plus all the other flights and there were still plenty going free.

I think the new slot system has really helped AWS, it's much more realistic, the largest airline in MT5 only has 35 planes, much slower than it used to be.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
Hi,

I was just wondering if slots at other bases are increasing?

Been at Shanghai Pudong and still same slot numbers as of the start.
checked other airports and they seem to gradually increase.
Is it because the slot frequency is low now that it takes longer for it to increase?

Hachiko

• Former member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 05:01:49 AM »
I canīt understand why 7 airlines were founded at Beijing as this airport has only 10 slots per hour so far?
I understand Hongkong were 48 slots per hour were available for 7 airliners. Now we have four left here at PEK, no possibilities to expand...
Ok, I was first here, but still without whining, please people look at wehere are you going to base in when you start the game.
Kim.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Airport/ZBAA/

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Slots/ZBAA/

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 05:08:08 AM »
I canīt understand why 7 airlines were founded at Beijing as this airport has only 10 slots per hour so far?

Maybe the same reason why you started there?

A good number of people, me included, simply are not interested if and who is at their airport, too. They do their thing and imagine to survive while others lose.

If you don't like the slot situation, I'm sure you can find some better airport in the world with less competition/more slots.

Hachiko

• Former member
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 05:15:44 AM »
Iīm going to stay here or not. It will be a very slow expansion for me, as new aircraft orders do have longer waiting times and I wonīt get new planes for that time when it is possible to open a new base... Because of this slot thingy here at PEK and of over crowded airport. I now heard that there are few airports with bug as a result of this.  But I wouldnīt came here if Iīd saw four or more airliners in the field with 10 slots per hour...

Kim
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:26:14 AM by Kim »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.