Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Turn around times  (Read 1697 times)

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
Turn around times
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:30:03 AM »
I would like to question the turn around times for aircraft.
I work at a major airport and the real turnaround times for aircraft is much less than is programmed into the game.
Most domestic flights using 737/A320 aircraft are turned in 30 mins whilst larger A330s can be turned in as little as 50mins.
Even 747s are turned in as little as 90mins.
:)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:38:17 AM by TerryMcKenna »

DavidTobiasKing

• Former member
Re: Turn around times
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:41:29 AM »
Yeh im a flight attendant, and my airline turns our 737s in 30 mins, 767s in 40 mins easily, and the a330s in 50 with enough time to eat lunch...

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 02:49:46 AM »
Experiment. Thats all I can say. I usually put the turn around time when it says >1% probability of delay. I hate delays haha.... so I usually go for the shortest time that I can with out getting delays.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:26:15 AM »
Experiment. Thats all I can say. I usually put the turn around time when it says >1% probability of delay. I hate delays haha.... so I usually go for the shortest time that I can with out getting delays.

Thats not the point, we shouldn't have to face delays to turn planes quickly if it can be done in reality efficiently.
The point is that the game is unnecessarily chewing through our valuable utilisation time with its exorbitant turn times, something which im sure many would like to see fixed.

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 03:31:46 AM »
Thats not the point, we shouldn't have to face delays to turn planes quickly if it can be done in reality efficiently.
The point is that the game is unnecessarily chewing through our valuable utilisation time with its exorbitant turn times, something which im sure many would like to see fixed.

ok now i see  ;D sorry uber tired ;D.

Yeah Ik the turn around times are alot. 2hrs for an A300. I think sami is planning on fixing this in later updates

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 03:43:25 AM »
Its okay  8)

The sooner sami gets around to fixing this the better though, its certainly well overdue...

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:02:29 AM »
I want to fly with your airlines!   ;D

The last time I flew a 737-800 it took 20 minutes until I could get out... and there were still 10 rows to go behind me.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »
We have talk about it a couple of times already,I have suggested flexible turnaround time.
which turnaround time depend on the flight distance.
And in Hong Kong a regional flight 747-400 turnaround in an hour..

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 04:31:48 AM »
I used to fly on 747-200s with multiple stops a long tima ago.  They would unload all passengers, refuel and load all the passengers in 60 minutes.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 04:35:49 AM »
Its okay  8)

The sooner sami gets around to fixing this the better though, its certainly well overdue...

Until the overall economics of the entire game are fixed, this is about the last thing we need done since it would make one be able to get more turns out of a plane therefore further increase the margins in the game beyond the ludicrous level they are now to simply absolutely insane.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
I am with Sigma here.  This is one of the areas where I will let Sami use his artistic license.

LostInBKK

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 05:28:15 AM »
People have to remember its a game. It gets as accurate as possible but still allowing us to have fun.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 05:34:35 AM »
Until the overall economics of the entire game are fixed, this is about the last thing we need done since it would make one be able to get more turns out of a plane therefore further increase the margins in the game beyond the ludicrous level they are now to simply absolutely insane.

butbutbutbutbutbut daddddddddyyyyyyy!  :laugh:

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 02:24:01 AM »
Someone suggested that you can keep turnaround times to a minimum if you employ more staff. has anyone found this to be true?

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 02:27:54 AM »
Someone suggested that you can keep turnaround times to a minimum if you employ more staff. has anyone found this to be true?

tried it back when I was a n00b. Didn't work.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline carrisi

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »

We can turn the A320 in 25 mins if we are lucky. But 50 mins to be sure. We plan to turn in 40 mins. So I think 65 mins for no chance delay is prob 10-15 mins too slow

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 03:58:10 AM »
Remember AWS is not only a simulation, it's also a game. And due to this some things must be adjusted to keep playability.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
Remember AWS is not only a simulation, it's also a game. And due to this some things must be adjusted to keep playability.
Well, I agree this is just a game, but if turn-around time dependent to the distance of the previous flight, some strategy will be more feasible and make it more real. Using B744D as an example, the turn-around time now for any flight is 200mins, while the real world should much less than that. Now not much people use 744D because of this reason, hope if Sami has some idea to deal with this, the game will be more realistic.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
-> feature request forum :)

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 06:55:53 AM »
-> feature request forum :)
Maybe we need to come up some algorithm so that Sami is more easy to finish the feature. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.