Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Best Way to Add a New Fleet Group  (Read 617 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Best Way to Add a New Fleet Group
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »
Quite simply what is the best way to go about replacing fleets?

I want to merge my B727s and B737s into one fleet of MD-81s. Is it better to sit on my hands till I can make one big order and replace all the one fleet group, 727s or 737s and then wait and do the same to the other or just pick up MD-81s when I can buy a new one or pretty new one off used market? Will I suffer badly from temporarily having a fourth fleet for a while?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Best Way to Add a New Fleet Group
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »
You shouldn't have 3 fleet types to begin with--you only have 12 planes (four 727, four 737, four DC-10).  If I were you, I'd focus on ditching the 727 for 737 and worry about going to MD-80s later in the game.  MD-80 has better fuel efficiency, but the improvement over the 737 isn't enough to justify stunting your growth to wait around for MD-80s to get built.  You should focus on getting more 737 to expand, which are much easier to come by on the used market than MD-80s.  Once you have a sizeable airline with only 2 fleet types (737, DC-10) you can transition to the MD-80 much easier.  Heck, the MD-88 may even be out by then which has much better fuel efficiency than the MD-81.

You're based at LHR also, which means you may want to consider going with the 757 when it comes time to upgrade since slots won't be available forever.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.