Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: what do it i wrong?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline zola1h

• Members
what do it i wrong?
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
i realy like this game but i now falliur 3rd time evry time i study the lesson after my falliur but now i dont know what do it wrong pls help me
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/1741/  (my airline)

i start my 3rd bass at Okland (KOAK)
no copanion and 67% pesenger demand
i start a capin my bass city anv near city only tv+radi+newspaper+bilboar
i leserd a b722adv and start run to atlanta (no compatition) and a pretty good pesenger number and denver
but i can't get higer then 60-65% load factor but i dont understand why?

i know choos a good airport to my bass and no buy a feul hogs and creap old aircraft but i now dont know what do it wrong

previusly i thx for ur help and sory about my english

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: what do it i wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »
Hello,

hard to say what exactly is the problem, but please let me answer on the details you gave here.

It seems your marketing campaings are too expensive. "My base city and nearby cities only" Newspaper+Billboards and maybe +Radio is enugh for the start. TV is not necessary.

B722Adv is a good choice to start but flying to Atlanta is a bit of a problem. Atlanta is very far away, so it's better to fly to nearby cities at first. Also fill up demand to one city before you fly to another city. In your case there is space for 4 more B722Adv on the Atlanta route.

The load factor will climb higher when your airline is getting older and your company image and route image increases. Just be patient and wait what will happen.

If you stay to your strategy and the things I named in this post, Oakland is a very nice airport to have fun out of it. But be patient - rule #1 in AirwaySim.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
Hi.

What configuration do you fly the 727 in? Can you provide us with a view of your income statement? Marketing is definitely too expensive in your case. Probably too late now, but try to fly 3-4 destinations per day with your first aircraft, whenever you start. You fly the Denver route only 6 days a week, why? The Denver flight is back after 23.00h, which is bad for pax demand.

Give us some more information and we can for sure help you more with it.

Cheers,
Denis

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »
You can be very profitable with 727s:

- Get 2 727s from you initial money, equip them with some C seating as soon as you have the money
- Send them to 2 destinations each. 1 over the day (between 1000 and 1500nm), 1 over the night (over 1500nm). The important factor is that they should be in the air between 23:00 and 5:00, so you will need a long route. The routes should have at least 160 demand and no competition.
- Set the turning time on 65min
- Set the marketing on something cheap...newspaper

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
Didn't see that yesterday: Two fleet types with two aircrafts is too expensive.

And as I asked yesterday, you must fly a different seat configuration on the 727.

Stay with one aircraft type until you have 5-10 of that type.

Cheers,
Denis

Offline Bored

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
Didn't see that yesterday: Two fleet types with two aircrafts is too expensive.

And as I asked yesterday, you must fly a different seat configuration on the 727.

Stay with one aircraft type until you have 5-10 of that type.

Cheers,
Denis

I agree. Personally I like to have around 20 of the same aircraft type before I start adding a new one. During start-up pay special attention to all of your costs. I hope you will make it!

Iksu

Offline TranceAvia

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:15 AM »
I agree. Personally I like to have around 20 of the same aircraft type before I start adding a new one. During start-up pay special attention to all of your costs. I hope you will make it!

Iksu

Sir Stelios of easyJet fame once said (while trying to justify the running of Airbus & Boeing during the transition) that fleet standardisation benefits were not greatly increased after 20 aircraft. I.e. you could have 20 of one type, 20 of another. the fact that easyJet now has 202 airbus's and only 2 boeings which will leave before the end of 2011 might suggest that Caroline McCall (existing easyJet CEO)may not agree...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.