Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Similar name airline  (Read 2014 times)

• Former member
Similar name airline
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
I need your opinion guys.
My Airline is American Citilinks based in ATL, then suddenly a new airline shown up based in ATL too with similar name to mine. His name is American Citilinks Express. I don't know if it's allowed by the rules or not to make similar name by just adding "express" to other's name.
this is mine
and this is his

Any opinion are welcome. Thanks.

• Former member
Re: Similar name airline
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
I think it is allowed, but weather it should be I dont know, because you definatly can't just change real airline names a little
Ryanair --> Bryanair (although I have seen that one in a game?) But its like calling your airline Virgin Atlantic Express, everyone can see what its based on, but you can probably get away with it. Personally I don't think it should be allowed

That's just my view on the matter, I'm not an expert on the rules etc :)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:51:53 AM »
I guess his intention was to create a regional airline "feeding" passengers to your big airline, as is done in Real Life.  Well, this kind of cooperative relation doesn't exactly work in AWS, since passengers do not transfer, and he was just taking slot away from you....

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:08:54 AM »

Noob  :laugh:
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »

Actual rules state that you don't can't get close to real life airlines, but nothing about game airlines.

Although this sounds stupid IRL, in the game customer would see you as very different (like Delta and United for example.)

So even if I create an airline based in ATL called Amereecan Citilinks, it still works... we are different.

The reason why you can't use real airlines names is to detach the game from reality, as well as to avoid unwanted promotion for a given airline.

hope this clarifies

Enjoy your game

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.