Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Base airport restriction removed?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: Base airport restriction removed?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
Thanks Curse.  I guess I won't know until I try it.  Come September when I'm not working so many hours I intend to make a name for myself at one of the big airports.  Looking forward to that challenge too.

Going back to your sport team analogy though...  I see it a bit differently.  Of course I always want my team to win but I choose to support a "second tier" team who has always been an underdog and never really wins anything (This is Manchester City who until recently have been, well, pretty crap actually). I could travel across the city to support one of the biggest teams in the world but there's much more satisfaction (for me) in seeing my team do well on rare occasions that seeing the other lot win every week.  I guess Man Utd are the airline based in ORD/ATL and Man City are (were) the one out of STL or TPA. 

Just my preference and each to his/her own.

I'd like to see you and Dan and one or two of the others all start up at ORD and see who's really best.  Maybe it's been done before - I've only been around for a few months.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 06:40:20 AM »
I guess Man Utd are the airline based in ORD/ATL and Man City are (were) the one out of STL or TPA. 
Man City moved to Newark 2 years ago.  :laugh:

Zabuti

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »
Thanks Curse.  I guess I won't know until I try it.  Come September when I'm not working so many hours I intend to make a name for myself at one of the big airports.  Looking forward to that challenge too.

Going back to your sport team analogy though...  I see it a bit differently.  Of course I always want my team to win but I choose to support a "second tier" team who has always been an underdog and never really wins anything (This is Manchester City who until recently have been, well, pretty crap actually). I could travel across the city to support one of the biggest teams in the world but there's much more satisfaction (for me) in seeing my team do well on rare occasions that seeing the other lot win every week.  I guess Man Utd are the airline based in ORD/ATL and Man City are (were) the one out of STL or TPA.  

Just my preference and each to his/her own.

I'd like to see you and Dan and one or two of the others all start up at ORD and see who's really best.  Maybe it's been done before - I've only been around for a few months.

i tend to agree (sorry if I jump into this conversation); i really, (I mean REALLY), respect Curse, Dan,and the other classic big players a lot. I spend a lot of times looking at how you play, which new routes you open, aircraft you buy,;;;  because you play much more than i do and i learn from that.

But on the other hand, i like when things are not working the way they should; I prefer acting from a secondary airport (in DOTM, Rio is definitely not a big airport) and then try to figure out how to beat bigger competitors than being the top 1; of course, I try to be the top 1 at my airports, after beating bigger airlines. but each and everytime I played this game and became #1 steadily, I forfeited afterwards because the challenge was gone and i preferred restarting an airline again somewhere else. (don't worry, I won't do that IRL... but probably sell my shares ;-) )

it's just a difference between battle of the giants and David vs Goliath. i prefer when it doesn't work, but has great opportunities to work out, even with a lot of pain (i don't consider 70k a week as painful) rather than a big airline which is facing other big airlines without the flexibility used IRL.

I actually work for one of the biggest airlines in this world (IRL), and I'd love to move for a small one, more challenging.

but i totally respect bigger players and learn from them. Actually, i guess we can all give sthg to the final question, each with our feedback.

Kind regards to all of you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:15:45 PM by Flobacca »

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »
Well Dan, as I said, I'm enjoying trying to adapt and survive and I think I'm doing not so badly. I like the challenge.  I notice the other three or four quit pretty quickly which is a

I can't help wondering, to be honest though - don't you get kinda bored doing the "same" thing in every game? Is it really a challenge? Don't you every have the urge to start somewhere small and build up a smallish, efficient 2nd tier airline like many other do?  Not criticising you at all - just wondered.
Well, you do have a point. it is kinda repetitive but I have become addicted to the game  ;D I have been thinking about doing things diffrent but I always fall for the temptation to grow big. You have to remember that it has not always been plain sailing. I have been up against some really good players and it was a brutal battle on every single route. In one of the game worlds the two largest airlines where based in KORD of which I was one and I still havent figured out how that was possible :-)

I was thinking about the hubs that you are in and opening up a base but not because you are there but because they seam good. But if I opened one up now I would look like a d**k so rest assured that I wont  :)

i tend to agree (sorry if I jump into this conversation); i really, (I mean REALLY), respect Curse, Dan,and the other classic big players a lot. I spend a lot of times looking at how you play, which new routes you open, aircraft you buy,;;;  because you play much more than i do and i learn from that.

Kind regards to all of you.

Many of the larger players including myself take new players under their wings to help out with strategies and tips. You just have to ask..in this game world I have helped about 4-5 players that have asked for help and they are now the largest airlines at their respective bases.

Anyhow, good playing to ya all..

Dan

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.