Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!  (Read 1479 times)

Offline bogglie14

• Members
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!
« on: June 10, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
I have tried on various occasions to start a new airline at various locations throughout the world- however have failed on all these attempts

i need serious advice and possible new locations to start a new airline- please get back to me as soon as possible- with a new airport location for dawn of the millenium

i am looking for one that has good passenger demand but also little competition

Many thanks

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
You could start at Tokyo Narita RJAA.

It has huge demand and no airline is based there. I'm sure you could be very successful there.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
Sorry but are you serious, as this is already at least fourth thread you start on this very same issue. Have you even read the helpful replies in previous threads?

Also please do not put topic in all caps.

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
This is a perfect time to use something like this...especially for bogglie...

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
Just for your information;
in 1991 the airport you are based at the moment will be totally destroyed by US Cruise Missiles and free fall bombs, resulting in 0 demand (and 0 runway :D)

Online EYguy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Everybody calms down, please... Bogglie, try to read the user manual you can find on the website and you'll see some hints and tips for newbies. Then again, there are several topics on this forum where you can find everything you need in order to start up a succesful airline.

Do not dare anymore to report a user for an alleged "sick joke" when your behaviour here is not above any critics: you're breaking a lot of rules of the NetQuette, so it's up to you to deal with these users.

J.Oates, please try to behave like a real pilot: you're supposed to help people when the brown stuff hits the fan, not to kid them! ;)

Please do not start this discussion again or I'll close down all the topics regarding this issue.

Edo

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »
I am also new - approx 1 real week.
So far I have sent my airline belly-up often enough that I would never get a job as a CEO of a model airplane shop let alone a real airline :-)
Hey, but I am enjoying it.

The following are my helpful hints for what they are worth -
1. RTFM - Read The Manual
2. Read as many posts in as many threads as you can
- why is my plane costing so much to run - reading threads made me focus on fuel consumption (yep, my fleet were fuel guzzlers)
- I am servicing many airports but minimal profit - reading threads made me focus on frequency
- why is one plane making a profit but the exact same type of plane is losing money - reading threads taught me about being careful to compare lease costs
- and the killer - where did all my money go? - reading threads showed me that buying planes with 'C' & 'D' service due soon wasn't my best move
3. Keep trying and keep failing but learn lessons from each failure

PS - I have also had a few warnings about over-servicing routes and not using routes, all lessons learnt :-)

Regards Darryl

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 08:14:50 AM »
So far I have sent my airline belly-up often enough that I would never get a job as a CEO of a model airplane shop let alone a real airline :-)

Firstly I'd like to say that is one of the best quotes I have seen for a long time.

Secondly that's pretty much right, I have failed so many times and I'm slowly getting better.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 09:38:55 AM »
I have tried on various occasions to start a new airline at various locations throughout the world- however have failed on all these attempts

i need serious advice and possible new locations to start a new airline- please get back to me as soon as possible- with a new airport location for dawn of the millenium

i am looking for one that has good passenger demand but also little competition

Many thanks

baby steps fella, we all fall we get up and try again- thats life and this game simulates it :)

Even experienced players have BK'd and restarted 2-3 times before they get a strong foundation.

There are many factors for success. keep it simple, keep it real , dont go by where ur heart is , go where money is (SIMPLES)

VJC

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
Firstly I'd like to say that is one of the best quotes I have seen for a long time.

Secondly that's pretty much right, I have failed so many times and I'm slowly getting better.

I agree, LOL, How I laughed  ;D

I want to know what the F stand for in...

But just in case its what I think it is, do not write it here..

Dan
Dantes Air

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
It is! it is! *jumps and giggles*

;)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
I agree, LOL, How I laughed  ;D

I want to know what the F stand for in...

But just in case its what I think it is, do not write it here..

Dan
Dantes Air

It is what you think it is
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
I'm in the Information Systems & Communications field - so RTFM is often the advice given to people who call in, however political correctness only allows me to use RTM :-)

Reading heaps of posts is giving me some very good info as well.

PS - I went belly-up again....mainly as I wanted to try a slightly different strategy...and am trying to learn as many lessons as I can from this game that is half-way through...so I am better prepared at the start of the next game......and still enjoying this SIM :-)

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:29 AM »
Easiest way to spot a noob. 1 plane with 7 routes.

I have the RTFM coffee mug. =B-D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.