Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot Blocking Rule  (Read 1020 times)

sbond101

• Former member
Slot Blocking Rule
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »
at what point is an airline in violation of the rule prohibiting intentionally blocking slots at an airport. An airline I am competing with currently runs 22 flights per day using small aircraft on a short route in ordert to take advantage of the frequency boost, in doing so they provide about 130% the demand on the route. At the same time the airport to which we both wish to fly is out of slots except for those in the middle of the night, making it extreamly hard to compete for PAX on the route. I'm not sure this is technically against the rules, but it is clear that this airline is consistantly using large numbers of small aircraft to take advantage of the freequency bonus on many routes, with the supplimentary benifit of blocking nearly all of their bases slots. This is clearly anti-competitive behavior that i dont think falls within the spirit of the airwaysim project (where airlines are meant to compete on price, quality of aircraft, flying time, seat quality ect, not on whether one airline can offer 22 flights/day rather then 4).

Can anyone comment/suggest a strategy to compete?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Slot Blocking Rule
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
If I recall correctly the cap is at 40 daily flights per airline on such routes.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slot Blocking Rule
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:52 PM »
If I recall correctly the cap is at 40 daily flights per airline on such routes.

There's no such thing yet. It will be in v.1.3 and just to block some of the most excessive attempts to manipulate routes (= in other words not a relevant rule or such).

Anyway; the topic's issue is something I am hoping to look for the next version but not sure yet if time permits.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.